1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Be Quiet! Pure Power 9 CM 600W Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 13 Apr 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Hmmm, the pricepoints in Germany are different. The Be Quiet is much cheaper than the compared ones
    The (upcoming?) non CM version shoud be 10€ cheaper still.

be quiet! Pure Power 9 600W CM ~80€
    EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W ~103€
    SilverStone SX600-G 600W ~110€

3. DarkFear

DarkFear What's a Dremel?

Really liking the orange ring around the fan...

....I may or may not have initially though this was a review for a 600W PSU with a length of less than 10 centimeters. :duh: I really should stop interneting when I'm not fully awake yet :rolleyes:

4. Deders

Deders Modder

Not sure what all this fuss over fans turning completely off is all about. Having used Be Quiet PSU's in the past I know they can be completely silent with the fan running low-medium, if not high, and that is holding my ear up to the fan.

Even with my Corsair HX 850i, setting the fan at a silent 40% decreases the internal temp by 10c, which if the "every 10c rise in temp will half the lifespan of your components" adage is true, then I could be doubling the time my components run more efficiently,

Same goes for graphics cards. It's actually easy to maintain a lower temperature if you have cooling applied before the temp rises. So having GPU fans set to the highest you can (whilst still maintaining silence) before you start a game will give you a huge advantage in combating any noise you might get from fans at high load.

I know it can make sense for ~150W GPU's, but it's definitely not preferable at ~250W.

5. rollo

rollo Modder

Prices in uk are so close you can get the evga one for less some days in sales

Tags: Add Tags