1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bethesda to snatch Fallout MMO rights back?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Apr 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

I'd like to see Interplay have another shot at it, given that it's their IP in the first place... Fallout 3 was good put perhaps not all it could have been

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Anyone surprised or shocked by this needs their head checking.

What company, in their right mind, is going to just give away a potentially massive revenue stream? Sure, most MMO's have fallen down when thrown against that infernal piece of **** WoW, but hey.

The last thing Bethesda want, I expect, is for Interplay to launch a Fallout MMO, and it to become successful enough for Interplay to try and buy back the FO rights, and show FO3 up.

4. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I don't think there's room for a Fallout MMO and Fallout 4/5. Surely a lot of the gameplay would overlap? I wouldn't mind a Fallout MMO if it was done well, I don't think interplay could manage it however.

5. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

I would LOVE to see Bethesda do a proper MMO based on F3. Everyone out for themselves.. with proper PVP.. would be quite amazing.

6. salesman

salesman Minimodder

Even if there is going to be a fallout MMO it's a long way off. :p

7. karx11erx

karx11erx What's a Dremel?

I would like to see Interplay succeed and prosper ... not because of Fallout.

I want Descent 4.

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

would be cool to see a fallout mmo.. be fun to play an outcast- I could see griefing people too in a mmo like that.. like trap some newb in the subway and make him roid rage into retirement :D

9. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

I would like to see Beth to die slowly and painfull for the rape they made with FO3!

Interplay need that that chance to show people that they are able to raise FO from the limbo that Beth put it on. Although i think a MMO would be a real challenge to a company that was pratically stinguished. But if they are willing to give up the fight, why they sold the rights for FO to save the company?

I swear to god (even being agnostic) if i live anyewhere near Interplay i would gladly work for them for a low salary just to make this one game rock! So we could rise interplay again... Perhaps Black Isle too?...

10. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Have you played the beta of Interplay's FO3? It's complete garbage. I'm very glad that it went the way that it did, Interplay can concentrate on their other games, they've lost the Fallout series, too bad. If they really wanted it, they would've started on the MMO.

Tags: Add Tags