1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Bioware announces free Dragon Age DLC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Do I need MS poiints to buy it on the PC?

3. NeedlesKane

NeedlesKane You're a Dremel

4. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Nice one Bioware, free DLC is always good! :thumb: Do we know how much the Deluxe Edition will cost?

5. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I want this. But also want risen. So undecided which one as they're both £35 :(.

6. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

Just wish that I had a GPU powerful enough to play this.

7. Kyocera

Kyocera The Garden of Evil

It's the best way to beat the crap out of legitimate customers, who mast have a drawer full of add-on discs, download the stuff from internet, which implies fast connection,.. and so on. First you buy and then you must take a day off to GLUE all the pieces together.

8. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Dude, stop whining like a girl, its free, geez, what a moron. Some people are never happy. No one is forcing you to Dl it. Some sensitive nancies a lot of gamers are.

9. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

ok so its free, but lets face it like a lot of these DLC packs it feels rather a lot like a section of the game cut out during development rather than working on any actual new content. its free so its not a problem, but a lot of companies are cashing in on very similar stuff (horse armour anyone) FO3 in particular felt like it had bits of DLC sliced off and then sold to the highest bidder as new content.

10. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Very nice to hear and I think a good idea but what exactly stops the pirates from getting the DLC?

11. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

Sounds very promising to me.. I just hope they don't have the same copy protection scheme that Mass Effect used...

12. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

They only have the disc check for Dragon Age, thank God. I only have 2 installations left on my Mass Effect :(

In terms of DLC... I really don't see how this will effect piracy at all, working under the assumption that pirates can get any content to work. My mate pirated Mass Effect and managed to get the DLC working for that just fine.

In NZ, the deluxe edition is $120NZ compared to the standard's $90NZ. It comes with a 3 bonus items (+ 1 more when preordered), a steel case, making of/bonus dvd, cloth map, and that extra DLC. All up I'm happy with paying the extra $30 for that, I just hope the DLC advertised doesn't take a few months to come out after I've already played through the game. Mass Effect box said "includes free additional content" which was bending the truth to put it nicely.

13. serial_

serial_ What's a Dremel?

Something being in existence = piracy.

The fact that it costs something at all is only 1/4 of the total equation.

Tags: Add Tags