1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Bugs and errors

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

No worries.

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

The burger is still not working or is it me?

3. Xir

Xir Modder

My ForumAvatar has gone missing?
    Also,the "Images" Folder?

4. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Image resize in the forums doesn't work (the one where it says "click this image to show the full size version") - it just expands over all the posts below it. Take a look here for an example - click the Lion King image to see what happens.

5. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

It enlarged for me :/

Screenshot_65.jpg

6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Same for me with that Lion King image at least. It does this:
    Same on Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

I guess it could be argued that it does the job, effectively overlaying the expanded image over the background thread. If that is the intended effect it would probably work better if the expanded imaged looked like it was in a window rather than just overlaid like it is.

Last edited: 14 Jul 2017
  7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I'm not saying that the enlargement doesn't happen, I'm questioning whether it should expand over the posts beneath it.
    Maybe it's just me being funny, but I don't like the way that it overlays the other posts - perhaps it's just that I was expecting the old forum way of doing it, which was to expand the image in-line so that the post it was contained within grew in size as well, rather than just the image.
    If it is supposed to grow like that, I like your idea of putting some kind of border around it, or even just dimming the background behind the image.

8. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I don't know if this has been reported but why do I need to login twice, once for the main site once for the forum?

9. davido_labido

aaah, my mistake, I read what you were saying incorrectly. It is working as intended, but no doubt @MLyons will try and take your ideas on board if he can :)

10. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Did the swear filter not make it across to the new forums? I'm seeing a few of our more passionate members with a lot fewer asterisks in their posts than usual.

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Looking into it.

Should be fixed now

Will see if it can be done better. It due to a security thing i thought we needed but i can look into it.

EDIT: Ok this is easy to do but if you know how you can make the forums a PIA to use. I'll see if i can come up with a better way of doing it and if not I'll just disable to feature i put in.

No it didnt. I'll speak to DR, Matt and Matt about it.

As always.

Currently known and intended. Will look into it.

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Made changes to the way images are resized and it should work unless you have some really weird or stupid image. Message me or comment here if you find an example of it not working properly

13. Assassin8or

Assassin8or Minimodder

Just to report that the RSS feed images, which used to work, now only display a bit-tech graphic instead.

14. MLyons

which RSS? can you link me.

15. Assassin8or

Assassin8or Minimodder

On the main site. http://bit-tech.net/rss/

Hmm, it may be a change in my app as re-adding the bit-tech.net feed has got an image to load on one of the articles (it hasn't affected any of my other feeds but it just might be bad luck on that count )

Last edited: 21 Jul 2017
  16. MLyons

So i can mark this as fixed?

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

'fraid not (don't hate me): the same issue occurs with Twitter previews. Instead of the article image, you get an all-the-JPEG cut-off jacked-up version of the bit-tech logo.

Screenshot from 2017-07-21 10-09-44.png

18. MLyons

Is that linking the website or the thread on the forums?

EDIT: just worked out it's for the website. See this is tricky as it works perfectly on FB then when i change it so it works good on twitter it breaks on facebook. proper bamboozled

19. davido_labido

Article images don't work properly on facebook either tbh, fb scrapes the bit-tech logo rather than the main article image like it should do

I just add them manually.

20. MLyons

Good guy dave. :p:. I'll work on this again