1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Bit-Tech F1 thread

Discussion in 'General' started by RedFlames, 13 Dec 2020.

1. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Well after that I'm not so worried I'm going to be missing an interesting race when I pop off for a holiday @ the weekend

2. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

Just like to point out that I'm romping to victory on fantasy racers :p

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The last 21 years have resulted in only 6 different champion
    The last 10, only 3

Schumacher, Vettel and Hamilton account for 16 of those 21 championships, with Alonso being the only other person to have won more than one title in that period.

4. rollo

rollo Modder

Formula 1 went from a era where the cars were light mobile and small. To wide big and not so mobile.

new car regs are making the cars even wider and longer anyone who thinks this will improve racing is having a laugh.

2 cars won’t physically fit side by side at Monaco come next year

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

You get a penalty, you get a penalty, everyone gets a penalty...

6. Spraduke

Spraduke Lurker

The whole race was non-stop action and racing (well except Verstappen walking away at the front). Always someone threatening an overtake, closing someone down, bit of strategy etc. I had to go outside for 5-10 mins in the middle and missed Ham dropping two places and Per/Lec getting tangled.

Very enjoyable and what a drive by Norris. The McLaren starting to look like it might mix it up with Merc and RB but I remain cautious as I know the RB Ring is a strong track for McLaren/Norris.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Penalty decisions were crazy, just another confused F1 race

race had its moments, but if you only looking at the front you could of turned it off pretty early on

silverstone will be Mercedes do or die moment, max wins again and I think we can start talking about 2022

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

That was a lot more entertaining, well except Max sprinting to the finish. Lando, also, has really stepped up a level.

I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing this year from Max, not something I thought id be saying - his maturity level has grown exponentially, and you can see it in the results.
    Post Lewis I think we have a very strong field of contenders either at the top of their game already (Max) or on the way up (Lando, George, Carlos, Charles, Pierre).

I think we've seen the best of Danny Ric, Alonso, and Vettel. Kimi was never really that great, lucky in the year Lewis and Fernando tripped over each other. Can't say I see much in the future for Latifi, Mazepin, Giovinazzi, and not too convinced by Schumacher.
    Bottas, Perez, and Stroll are never going to be World Champs, neither do I think Ocon is up there. Yuki might be the surprise if he calms down a bit.

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

The likes of Buemi, Massa, Vergne etc will get old and free up some seats in Formula E soon enough for them:lol:
    Mick on the other hand already has his towel on the Alfa seat of Kimi due to Ferrari / Schumacher history.

11. RedFlames

12. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I wonder who that'll suit better

13. RedFlames

14. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Just seen on BBC sport;
    "You might not be surprised to hear that Nikita Maze(s)pin makes some history by being the first to spin in sprint qualifying." :duh:

Brackets added by me.

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Really like the new qualy format, hope they add more than just the 3 for next year. Awful start from Lewis though.

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Racier race than expected, but no serious team is going to let them really race and risk the car for Sunday.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I don't see how it's much different to letting them really race at the start of the race on Sunday.

It can basically be seen as a single longer race split over two days, with a stoppage and refuelling after 17 laps then a normal (as of recently) current race order standing start after that.

Indeed, there is probably more slightly less risk attacking to gain positions on Saturday, because if you bin it on Saturday you start again on Sunday (albeit from the back of the grid). Bin it on Sunday though and it's all over.

18. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I'd guess the bigger issue if they wanted to make the sprint the new normal for Saturday is how it would impact engine rules since you are only allowed so many per season.

Last edited: 17 Jul 2021
  19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I'm really not impressed with that. It's basically racing by aggregate and it's never good for the show to have a bit that 'doesn't count'. Also, qualifying is the most exciting part of the weekend and they've just put it on Friday when nobody's going to watch it.

The Not-a-race itself was OK, aside from Alonso it was all sorted out after the first lap, like just about every other first stint of a GP. Qualifying like normal is better.

20. RedFlames

It might be better suited as a format to the 2022 spec cars [assuming they can actually stay close to each other without having an aerodynamic hissy fit]... but imo the sprint was as dull as i expected it to be.