1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware BitFenix Nova Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 22 Dec 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

really solid case for the money, all that for £27 is impressive when you look at what else is on offer at that price point.

Really wish they would of put a filter at the front tho, even if its not removable and added £2 to the price or something, it would still be £30 or under with this added.

On a side note, you guys really could of done better with the cable management lol. that even flat PSU leads!

3. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

They're not bad cases for the money....however...

You've only seen one in isolation. I've built loads of PCs in the Nova (and the Neos and Comrade which are all essentially the same case with different plastic on the front) and when you see a number of them together you really notice the lack of build quality. Case sides not fitting, paint peeling off, feet not attached, internal header cables detached. I had one where the PCI slots weren't aligned properly with the screws to hold cards in, it was a flaming nightmare.

I would never recommend one to anyone for anything as there are much better alternatives for just a little extra.

4. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Our general approach is to build as tidy a system as we can in a reasonable time period, and using only what's supplied. The ATX cable couldn't be routed behind the motherboard tray since it was too thick, nor could the EPS one, as there's no hole above the motherboard, which also stops us neatly routing the fan cable for the rear exhaust - these points were made in the review. There were also no zip ties provided, so I think it's a fairly accurate representation of what you might expect to achieve. Obviously, with more time we could have done a better job, but equally it would be unfair (and a poor use of time) for us to spend hours and hours making every case as neat as we deem possible.

A good point applicable in some degree to a review of nearly any mass manufactured product. While this case came from OcUK retail stock, we can never truly confirm how samples are chosen, and even then as you say it's just one sample of thousands. All the more reason to collect information from more than one source (with bit-tech being the primary one of course! ^_^)

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

i have a cable management fetish, love doing it, should employ me as the official bit-tech cable management guy :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags