1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Blade Re-Runner

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Nov 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

i loved this game, it was fantastic. Great retro review!

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

An interesting review of a great game. I'd like to see more of these on bit. :)

4. SlyAces

SlyAces What's a Dremel?

I too loved this game. I dug it out last year and just couldn't play it due to the graphics. I know graphics don't equal a good game, but this was too old.

I'd love a remake/mod to upgrade the graphics.

5. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

Another game it'd be nice to get a HD remake of. :)

6. Cafuddled

Cafuddled What's a Dremel?

God I loved this game, one of the first PC games I played believe it or not.

7. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

Exellent game, I'll be re-installing it tonight!

8. Optimaximal

Optimaximal What's a Dremel?

The only bit that didn't gel with me at all were the occasionally cheap deaths, particularly the building explosion (you'll probably die unless you are right at the very bottom of the screen) and that bloody rat/plank bit underground very near the end.

I could never beat Crystal in the shooting range, only match her score :(

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Ah sweet memories, Seen the add of Atari in the movie. And it all plays in 2010. This should be a 2010 anniversary edition remake in HD quality graphics...

I can dream of a remake if android are dreaming of sheep's ;)

10. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

oeps 2019 i mean...

11. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

Loved this game when it came out. I remember my amazement on a second play-through VKing a suspect who'd previously been a rep and finding them human. I'd never found a game that changed so much in the second play-through. Even now it seems more that your actions change a game rather than a game change around you. Might have to hunt this one down for a replay. I'm sure it will be in the loft at my parents house.

12. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Played this game with all 6 or 7 discs and loved it. The opportunity for multiple endings was phenomenal back when I played it and before it became standard in Single player games.

13. phenoptix

phenoptix What's a Dremel?

14. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Just watched blade runner again on iplayer last night, seeing as it was there. the tears in the rain speech is still one of the best quotes from any movie ever.

Never actually played the game, vaguely remembered hearing about it, and just presumed it would be a rubbish tie in shoot em up, glad to see I was wrong.

15. mpr

mpr What's a Dremel?

Abandonia is another great site, and Abandonia Reloaded even has modded classics. Of course titles that get commercially re-released will get locked on Abandonia and then HOPEFULLY end up for sale on GoG.com... which is extremely well priced IMO considering I haven't had a single game fail on W7 64bit unlike a few titles I've struggled with on DosBox alone.

16. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

God, I haven't played this game since it came out, the only reason I haven't installed on my current rig it was because I assumed it wouldn't run on XP. Given that the Underdogs website says that it requires XP does that mean that I can run it??

I'm gonna try it tonight, if I can find the box...

17. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I installed this on my Mrs netbook a few months ago - think I will install it on my PC too. It looks so old, but the gameplay will hopefully compensate.

18. Cafuddled

Cafuddled What's a Dremel?

"Harrison Ford isn't the Blade Runner; I am." You have just summed up how I feel about gaming in general. I don't watch TV any more and Movies just don't have the same effect these days. I feel spoiled by the computer games I enjoy to play so much. I will have to try and find my jewel case tonight and have another play through. I really did enjoy this game and believe it or not I only seen one ending :O

19. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Beneath a Steel Sky.. do it, do the retro review! This and Blade Runner are definitely fond memories.

20. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Wonderful game, been a while since I played it. I may dig it out again sometime.

Tags: Add Tags