1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard hiring PS3 developers for Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Jun 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. jcb121

jcb121 What's a Dremel?

Looks lame.

3. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Err well I hope this doesn't dumb down the PC version of Diablo 3. Crysis 2 anyone?

4. JonBoyJ

JonBoyJ What's a Dremel?

no your lame lol

5. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

'fuelling speculation'? Seems like a pretty clear statement of intention! Although it may be quite Blizzard-like to have a go at porting it and then give up if they're not happy with the port.

6. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

There go any chances of Diablo III being good.

7. Faunus

Faunus What's a Dremel?

Not so. D3 afaik has been under dev for the PC for many years. What this indicates is that the PC release is winding up and the PS3 version is going to be based on the PC version, rather than the other way around.

I have confidence that Blizzard aren't going to console-trend this game.

8. tozsam

tozsam What's a Dremel?

do PS owers even know what Diablo is?

9. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I don't really see this as a bad thing. Diablo 3 will still be great.

Torchlight turned out fine on consoles. It kinda proved with enough effort and care a point and click RPG can be made to work on a control pad.

From a graphical point of view I doubt there will be a massive difference between a console and the PC due to the stylized nature of the graphics.

I guess having it on two platforms also gives me more opportunities to play with my mates as they aren't PC gamers.

Mostly its a win win situation as far as I can see. It just depends on how the port is handled.

10. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Just bring out the bloody game already! Gah...!

11. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Yeah, its called xBox... :hehe:

12. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

No. NO NO NO. No. NOOOOOO. **** this.

13. Arkanrais

Arkanrais What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one who played the original Diablo on the playstation and saw the original Starcraft on the N64?
    Blizzard have done console games before, and they didnt harm the games PC release at all. I remember wondering whether it was worth saving my game on diablo and having the save data take up a whole memory card, or if to just save my character and only use 1 memory block. I also remember playing 2 player coop Diablo on the ps1 and it worked just fine.
    I didnt play starcraft 64 though, but knowing blizzard, they most likely pulled it off pretty well on the system.

Maybe if they're going to go the extra mile, they'll support keyboard/mouse for PS3 with Diablo 3 or whatever diablo game they're releasing.

14. flipman

flipman What's a Dremel?

I played diablo 1 back when i had a ps1 so i think they know diablo on playstation. LoL
    I don't like to play these games with a remote i only want a keyboard and mouse for this like the first 2 games was for me, because the ps1 i played didn't feel good when i tried killing the Butcher the first time it was bad :)

15. Puzzu

Puzzu What's a Dremel?

I wonder if it would be possible to play with other players on a Console/ PC coop?

16. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I remember neither knowing of, nor caring about Blizzard and their games (especially on PC) until I played Diablo on PSOne at a friend's house.

17. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

I don't see the huge deal for once. It's not like Diablo 3 was setting itself to be graphically sutnning, its current graphics looks like they could easy be scaled down for a PS3 version and, let's be honest, it's not like Diablo games have complex input that would be hindered by consoles. You effectively use two buttons, the rest is just menus.

Not saying that I, as a PC and PS3 ownder, would want to buy the console version over the PC version, just that a port of this game likely wouldn't have many negative side effects.

18. Emoticon Fury

Emoticon Fury What's a Dremel?

19. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

News flash, short sighted individuals living in the past...

The last 5 years has seen countless perfectly good (and some perfectly average) games made perfectly unplayable by horrific consolification. Not that I'm suggesting that Blizzard/Activillain won't do a good job of it, by the way...they've developed for PC first and are NOW talking about consoles...

..but...the trend (particularly amongst the big boys - EA/Ubi/Acti/Bioware) is to develop with stupid console controllers in mind and produce menu and user interfaces that would make grown men weep.

Thus, people (PC gamers) are justifiably concerned. And do bear in mind that Blizzard weren't Activision back when they made Diablo 1/2.

</rant>

Tags: Add Tags