1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other CLOSED - Minecraft: YogCraft Server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Byron C, 9 Jul 2012.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

YogCraft now up & running! See the OP for info.

2. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Goodbye Voltz. We will miss... nah, who am I kidding!

BRING ON THE YOGCRAFT!

3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I was watching a Ridgearound, and Ridgedog was saying he may make his own Voltz style mod pack, similar to yogscraft :)

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

He announces this after I switch to YogCraft, of course... :rolleyes:

YogCraft has a lot of stuff I'm quite familiar with though, like IC2 & BuildCraft. And Forestry looks really cool.

5. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Yeh, it wont be for a while though I don't think. It'll be voltz, but with BC and IC I think...

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hey guys

I've discovered a bug... I've been using MCPC+ in order to support Bukkit plugins, but it seems that MCPC+ and multifarms don't get on with one another... My wheat multifarm won't plant seeds, but if I run it without MCPC+ it's fine.

I *really* want to keep the bukkit plugins active, so I'll see if there's a fix. If not I may have to go back to BukkitForge (or whatever it's called) *gnashes teeth*...

EDIT: OK, it's not MCPC+, it's my Residence permissions. Forestry uses a fake player in order to place items it seems, and the permissions for my residence zone prevented others from building. Short answer, if you want multifarms then set the build flag to true.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2013
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Since there has been no activity on the server since forever, I am now closing this server. In fact I've actually had it shut down for well over a month now, just to see if anyone would miss it. Clearly they didn't.

I no longer have access to the VPS, so I cannot offer the world file for download; I was pretty much the only person who'd built anything halfway serious on there anyway...

It's been fun so far, but I'm afraid I'm done with running Minecraft servers.

8. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I know what you mean. Even when the server was at its most popular, it was really only me, Pete and you playing, sometimes with a few guests along the way. It was a fun journey, but it had to end. Exams, other games and real life often get in the way, putting Minecraft away to one side. One part of me says it's a shame that the server is no longer up - I always felt this was something special here on the forums (similar to XM's vanilla server); but another part of me understands that if no-one has played on the server for over a month, it isn't worth keeping it up anymore.

However, if there is an organised effort in the future for us, as a community, to come together and play modded Minecraft again, I hope we can revive the Bit-tech Tekki-volt-yog server.

Thanks for everything BLC - the server came out of your pocket for a few of us to enjoy, and I'm really grateful for that. We had some interesting times in the lifetime of the server, with 'DIAMONDS', 'I know where your base is...' and 'uranium is STILL broken' episodes along the way. :thumb:

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

I don't play minecraft but thank you for your dedication

10. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Thank you very much for everything you've done :) I really appreciate the time and effort you've put into this :)

I've moved onto Star Made for this, even the alpha is way more optimised than minecraft!

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Sorry, been meaning to reply for a while...

Cheers guys, it was fun. I think the novelty just wore off, and there aren't really that many people here interested in Minecraft any more.

I think I need to get back into single player and catch up with all the updates; there's so much stuff I've missed...