1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 3 Feb 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Any idea what the difference between the Corsair Gaming M65 RGB and the Corsair Vengence M65 RGB is?

3. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

As far as I can see there are 2 differences... First the logo (I HATE the yellow part of CG's logo) and secondly, the price. The Vengeance M65 RGB is just under £10 cheaper... at least on Scan.

4. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Palm grippers lol

5. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

I have the non-RGB version of this. As a claw gripper myself, the sniper button is utterly useless - I simply can't reach it. Even Mouse5 is a bit out of the way.

Great mouse though - rock solid construction and really cool looking :)

6. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

Not sure if Matt mentioned in his review, but following these exact comments, we've actually moved the sniper button about 1cm back down the mouse to make it more readily reachable. This is only on M65 RGB though.

7. vdbswong

vdbswong It's a Hedgehod

*looks down at M60*

*looks at picture on review*

Holy crap, he's right !

Now I just want the 2 buttons by LMB as on the M95 or Sabre and i'd be sorted ^_^

8. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Pity about that awful gaming logo your company is splattering all over their very nice equipment. The iconic sails logo of old looked.. well iconic and it was understated and professional. This new one looks like a tacky tramp-stamp. I hate it. Puts me off every time I see it. And I certainly couldn't have it on a mouse where I couldn't even cover it up with a sticker or something.

9. SchizoFrog

I agree here. While I am not a fan of the 'tattoo' design I don't hate it but I do think it is rather stupid to have a designated colour as part of a logo for peripherals specifically based around the benefits and colours of RGB LEDs (on a personal note I specifically hate that yellow).
    I also find it strange that this gaming mouse is available as the Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB with the 'Sails' logo... Is that on it's way out?

Perfect solution here is to make the yellow the same frosted colour as the rest of the logo and to offer future devices with interchangeable logo 'plates', then everyone can be happy and Corsair wouldn't need to double up on their device offerings.

10. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Interesting. It looks like just a logo change. Unsure if the sails logo one will be continued or available to buy much longer. Certainly looks like they are identical mice otherwise.

11. SchizoFrog

Going by the images they haven't moved the red target button back on the Vengeance M65 RGB version.

12. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Woah. You're not wrong. Any chance of mine going back under warranty and getting a shiny new one with the relocated button? :p

13. ehume

ehume What's a Dremel?

Without Length, Width and depth measurements, how could you buy any mouse? Review failed. We'll see about the mouse elsewhere.

14. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Surely a review's purpose is to review (i.e. give an opinion on) a product rather than just to regurgitate information readily available on the manufacturer's website?

15. ehume

ehume What's a Dremel?

Thanks for insisting. I missed it when I first looked at the website.

16. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

They are identical bar the logo.

Tags: Add Tags