1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counter-Strike : Source MOD by Tr!nk

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Tr!nk, 5 Oct 2004.

1. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Well welcome to the Project log of one of the two CS:S mods this fall season.

If you want to know more about how this mod has come to be, even though my stupid photo bucket account emptied all my photos, you can still see the steps I took to get to this point :thumb: Link

To start, I wanted to do something that not alot of people try to do, cram both an awsome mod, with a water cooling system, into a micro-ATX case. alot of people make mods with mid towers or full towers, but I wanted to see if you could eliminate that dead space, for which you dont have anything to fill it with.

Next was chouse I would of wanted to mod it after. I first thought about doing a HL2 mod, but since I wanted to do something unique, I decided to do CS:Source. I came up with a few drawings, then off I went to newegg.com to buy the case.

So far this is what I have

[​IMG]
    neat huh? kind of a PS2 look to it

[​IMG]
    here is the hard part, no room, but ill be changing that soon

[​IMG]
    Behind all works of art, there is a geat artist, and every great artist has great tools :dremel:

[​IMG]
    the great thing about this case is that it has hudden bays that are spring return :naughty:

[​IMG]
    As you can see, I dont have alot of room. maybe an inch or so, but I'm thinking about cutting out the bottom bay to fit a 120 mm rad. with the fan mounted on the outside of the case. If anybody has any better ideas, let me know! :idea:

[​IMG]
    these are the drive bays

[​IMG]
    butt shot!

[​IMG]
    the bottom tray

[​IMG]
    only one 60 mm fan can fit in the back :grr:

The power supply and other parts are comming later. After I finish making the window, the back lit "Counter-Strike : Source", and the cutting of the drive bays, I will start buying more parts.

Now in terms of water cooling, im thinking of putting in a 3.4" bay res, a small 120 mm res and fan, with only a cpu water block. now I will have to put the HD in the bomb that I plan to put on the top of the case.

If everybody has any ideas, please post! :thumb:

Thanks, Tr!nk

(P.S. Bilbo's mod should be starting as soon as he gets his case. This is going to be awsome :D )

Last edited: 5 Oct 2004
  2. kobaj

kobaj Banned

Link is dead.Oh ya the case hmm...very nice :D .

3. CYRiX

CYRiX What's a Dremel?

heh heh stealer, lol, anyways I'm near finished with my CS:S you can go to www.united-modders.tk to see my outdated log.

4. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

hey, yea, I didnt see the mod :worried: did it get taken down or something?

5. CYRiX

CYRiX What's a Dremel?

heh I haven't posted it yet.

------------------------------

Is it possible for project to get taken down?

6. -Enforcer-5716M4

-Enforcer-5716M4 What's a Dremel?

Let's make this a contest between you and Bilbo Fraggins!

And when the cases are finished, we let the people decide which one they liked best.

Someone should really make a poll......

7. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

nice case :eeek:

8. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Hey, thanks for the support, I'm days away from ordering the watter cooling parts, and I plan on DL CS:S later this weekend cuz I have been saving up to get the gold edition so i can get the HL2 hat :naughty:

But for the rad, im going to make it look like a vent. im going to put it twords the back near the case, put the 120 directly ontop of the case, then make a 1in spacer and and put the 120mm raid. ontop of that, for optimal air flow. Then put modders mesh in that gap to make it look and work like a ventalation shaft. the air the fan would be sucking in would blow out and keep the PSU cool since it will be under so much load. :idea: (i just hope the raid. doesn't leek and get water into the PSU :sigh: )

PS can anybody tell me what tool is best for cutting a window? thanks

-Trink

9. preatorian

preatorian What's a Dremel?

sorta depends on the shape you want to cut.
    if it's yust a simple square or circle use on of those..eh what do you call it..electric saw thingies..uh :eyebrow:
    anyway, if you want to make a more complex cutout use the dremel :dremel:

10. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

I think your talking about a jig saw or something, but the only reason why i dont wana use that is the blades die very easly when cutting. But i do have acess to a bridge port mill, hopefully I can get some time on it. but the only drawback is that it makes rounted edges :miffed:

another question is, I wana paint the case a smooth black, but what type of paint should I use?

11. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

I have a can of Krylon Fusion. Says it doesnt need primer, but just scratches off with fingernail if used alone. I was looking at the Rustolium textured stuff as it would look cool and definately different from other plain-colored cases. In fact, I would recommend the sand-colored ones for a desert (think de_dust :D ) look. In short, just get some primer, color, and a top coat. Top coat should be from the auto store for the best look I have heard. Color shouldnt matter too much.

12. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

cange of plan!!!

-first off, the size of the dvd-rom drive stick out so far into the case, I can't fit the ram into the mirco mobo that i stol out of an old dell. So now the drive will now be a top slot-losding dvd-rom drive, if I can find a place that sells them in the US.
    -the res im getting is a Innovatek Fass-O-Matic TIC Barrel Header Tank insted of a single drive bay one.

:dremel: cutting window tomorrow, pics this weekend

13. Atarax

Atarax What's a Dremel?

I like the case, this is gonna be a hell of a challenge i can see. GL on it. here is a link to a slot-load DVD drive http://www.esbuy.com/pidvsldr.html keep up the good work cant wait to see how it all turns out. BTW if u r going to be making long, straight cuts in the window (whatever shape it may be) I would use a jig saw and not the dremel, use the dremel fer shorter lines and detailed curves and such. u may have a steadier hand than me so u could still give it a shot. GL again, keep us posted :dremel: :dremel:

14. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

I really like that case. It reminds me a bit of the PS2 casing. Could you pass me a link to a review of that case or a link to the website of that case's company?

15. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

well the case is off newegg.com, its the AHANIX Silver/Black MicroATX Desktop with LCD Display, Model "X220"

This is the website

16. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Sorry for the delay fokes! but l I've been overloaded with school work to the point where I can't even use the bathroom most nights! but ive mannage to cut out the window and cut our the CD-rom drive space. Hopefully by next week all of my parts will come and I can get to work on the water cooling system! PICTURES COMMING SOON!

17. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

I have the same case and it'd be a miracle if you can fit the whole watercooling solution in there...

18. fadiphatu1

fadiphatu1 What's a Dremel?

i like reg cs better plus no leuges for source yet but w/e hope it turns out nice

19. Xhiz

Xhiz What's a Dremel?

Get modding :thumb:

Can't wait to see this in progress :clap:

20. Lukethegreat

Lukethegreat What's a Dremel?

FLIPPIN SWEET! I am definetly excited for this mod. I love anything counterstrike. GOOD LUCK and mod on :dremel: