1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Danger Den GF4 Block

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Coolrunnin, 28 Jun 2002.

1. Coolrunnin

Coolrunnin What's a Dremel?

Nothing like outsmarting polititians :hehe: Muahahahahahah :D

*smug hat on*

I'll probably get done for loads of duty next time I order internationally now I've posted that :rolleyes: :dude:

I have over 100 birthdays a year you know :D LOL :D

2. Makaijin

Makaijin What's a Dremel?

yea, i asked them to put it down as a gift back then, but whoever sent it obviously forgot about it, and they bloody insured the stuff of the full price.
    The full insured value was written all over the export form thing (or whatever they call it) and obviously HM customs have no problem in figuring out the VAT of the damn package :(
    Well, all i was charged was VAT nothing else, no import duty and such cos whoever posted it was honest enough to say the stuff are computer components (which they are hehe).
    As i understand computer parts carry no import duty but you can't get away from paying VAT :grr:

3. Coolrunnin

Yup computer hardware/parts have no duty on them :)

Makaijin, looks like you were very very unlucky with your order. Maybe the fact that I had only ordered a single block had something to do with it (low value and all) - was yours quite a large order? Definitely the lack of gift marks will have opened you up to VAT tho' :(

Just have to wish you better luck inthe future then m8 :dude:

4. Makaijin

Makaijin What's a Dremel?

yea, the oder was quite large, a full watercooling kit plus some extras.
    the total was like $200 USD, since the minimum postage costs are $21 and goes up $4 per pound extra in weight, so the more you order the cheaper it works out.
    Obviously it didn't work out cheaper cos of VAT.
    Oh well, better luck next time :sigh:

5. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

good lord u guys sure do like ur smilies

6. Coolrunnin

:hehe: :hehe: :dude: :eyebrow: :idea: I don't know what you mean :D :D :eeek: :sigh: :dude: :p :rolleyes: :worried::hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

7. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Hows the gf4 waterblock m8??,ive just ordered one for my rig today............wohoooo :)

8. Coolrunnin

Very good :D

9. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Good to hear it,looks very l33t m8ty :)

10. Coolrunnin

Yeah - I really like the look of mine - with silicon hoses on it it looks really professional as the barbs look smaller :D

I've just got to get my coolng sytem back together after my pump started to leak :( Just needed the PTFE tape renewing on the barbs but I had to take the whole thing to bits to change the tape :roll:

11. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

The silicon hose is the bees knees i like the feel of it and it bends like m@d as im not going to put in any ww e.t.c it should last a while.
    As for them barbs leaking thats a b**ch m8 ive not put mine on yet you have to be very carefull when you put these on i belive as you can crack the pump if you over tightin them,all i need now is my waterblock i`ll have to do some shoping @ the weekend for one i realy like the maze 3 to go with the gf water block as far as i know there is no problems anymore with them is this true? :eyebrow:

12. Coolrunnin

Arrrgh - I've got to do WORK on a FRIDAY NIGHT life sure sucks!!! anyway, enough spamming ;)

Sam of Tek assures us that the Maze 3 batch they have in at the mo is safe and will refund/replace if there are any problems... I'm still a little wary of them but you should be o.k.... otherwise either get an ocpc or try a dtek import if you are feeling adventurous... very nice blocks those dteks... i want a TC-4 now :D *shutup cool. you got a nice ocpc don't be greedy LOL*

My therapy for need shiny new w/c kit syndrome is not going well as you can see :D

13. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

The only thing that put me of the ocpc block is the barbs are plastic i know you can replace them and second the mounting standoffs are plastic also.
    I would like the TC-4 but cant have to many birthdays at one time :p:lol:

14. Coolrunnin

errm... I thought the maze 3 has nylon mounting hardware... I could be wrong but all my previouc DD blocks have had nylon mounting hardware... the stainless steel is an optional extra. Maybe tek have the stainless but I would ask them before ordering as I don't think tek stock the additional mounting kit.

Also the plastic barbs on OCPC block were used as a security measure - Jess found that if the block was overheated due to pump faliure or similar, brass barbs would expand more rapidly than the poly top and cause it to fail. Brass may look nice but it could weaken the block - That's why DD also offer the maze 3 with polypropolene barbs as well as brass. Again I would ask with Tek to see which they have as if Sam has said they are safe I would guess they have the plastic barbed version to safeguard against the lucite cracking... Please tell me if I'm mistaken and you have already enquired M8 as I would be interested to know anyway and feel a bit cheeky asking if I'm not going to buy anything off them :)

Don't worry about the birthday thing - I have get well soon presents as well :D

15. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Pity about the plastic mounting kit that has put me of a bit :( as ive seen a thread by the mas-ter saying ita better to have metal mounting kits as it stops flex on the block as he knows more than myself this is the way i would like to go.

So plastic barbs are ok then thx for the info m8 on them,it looks like ill have to have another birthday soon then :):eyebrow:

16. Coolrunnin

Happy Birthday/Christmas/Easter/Get well soon then B1g D0g M8

LOL :D

17. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Thx m8 :p :)

18. Turbokeu

Turbokeu Minimodder

I just got mine a couple of days ago... (the second is for a friend)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CD:)

19. Randland

Randland What's a Dremel?

Looks awesome, but now the delema, unless you have two radiators, do you put the processor or the GPU first in the system to be cooled.

I plan on just getting two radiators and cooing both down a ton :D

BTW, Thanks alot for the pix, now I am definately going to get me one of those :D

20. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

y-splits my friend....y splits.......basicly makes one cooling loop act as 2

Tags: