1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Deep Fried Nuclear NUC :D

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sean-Blake92, 17 Jan 2015.

1. Sean-Blake92

Sean-Blake92 What's a Dremel?

Having no proper mods under my belt I have decided to start small with a scratch build NUC case :)
    as I work in recycling I'm constantly looking around skips, stills and containers, now and then the thought pops up Hmmm would I be able to fit a computer in that?, I recently had this thought while looking at some old 7 KG gas butane bottles, if I were to cut the mid section out of a 7kg butane bottle and replace it with acrylic that might make a nice mod, anyhow the practicalities of such a mod are bad at best, so I decided to shrink the whole thing down to the level of the NUC :) hopefully making a more practical mod,but once this is completed and I have more experience I'm planning on a full ATX gas bottle pc :), another thing that has interested me is subversive oil computers, its my belief they are just amazing, messy sure but amazing, so I have combined them both and come up with my maiden mod, Deep Fried Nuclear NUC :D, here are some very rough sketches of what I have in mind. and questions please ask away :). and i will keep this updated with pictures and progress etc :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Looks intriguing, always good to see upcycling.
    Have you bee following Cheapskates's Iron Turnip? He's fitted an ITX rig into a small cylinder.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=276991

Only question I have is, ITX seems quite small for a 7Kg gas cylinder [I use the Calor ones regularly], you'd have plenty of room for something larger in there IMHO.

Good luck with your build

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Someone call me?:worried:
    -I'm looking forward to seeing what scrap you come up with for this.:D

4. Sean-Blake92

Sean-Blake92 What's a Dremel?

I was aiming to make every mod I make with recycled stuff, i currently shift 4tonnes a day of electrical waste, but for this mod I'm just using off the shelf stuff (lazy i know) xD, I'm aiming for just three materials, MDF, Acrylic tubing, and vinyl wrap :), i have just had a look at your project log cheapskate, nice mod btw :)

5. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Hi! Just a warning: Don't meddle with subversive oils. They're dangerous!. At least, if you want to adopt a "Hoffa style" solution, don't use transparent acrilic... :worried:

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

...Not sure if mocking typo.:D