1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dentists...

Discussion in 'General' started by irsekz, 7 Aug 2004.

1. irsekz

irsekz What's a Dremel?

Ive always had the worst luck with dentists. First off when i got my braces off the dentist removed the enamel on 2 of my teeth so they are pretty much permenetally yellow :(. Then today i went to get cavities filled and i already hate needles (i got back surgery and the nurse ****ed up with the IV needle and ripped open a vein, fun fun) so i got a total of 5 shots of novicane after trying to distract the pain by pulling out hairs on my arm lol it was over then he started drilling and while pulling out the drill caught my lip and tore it open that was fun. i now have a sever hatred toward all dentists... just my rant for the day

anyone else hate dentists?

2. Arien

Arien What's a Dremel?

I hate them... my dentist is good.. but having to have 16 teeth taken out kinda puts you off them.... (11 while awake)

3. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Ive had no problems with my dentist and ive gone in for at least 3 pulls and 10 cavities.

4. fg0d

fg0d Banned

I'm always critisizing of my teeth. When I go to Jordan, I hope to get them all fixed, as it's MUCH cheaper down there. They have all the technology America does, and much cheaper :p Hopefully I can get some Invisaling braces, the kind that are clear and come off, and where it till my slighty unaligned teeth fix... then try some of those strips, worked like a charm for the rest of my family

5. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

OT: fg0d, where about in jersey do you live?

6. fg0d

fg0d Banned

Live in Passaic County, and you?

edit: realized you didnt live in nj :<

7. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Sue for malpractice! :D

That sounds really messed up. I know dentists aren't the most comfortable, but I've never had anything like that happen to me. I had to get a molar pulled a few years ago. Gave me a shot of novicane than was pulling me across the seat trying to pull out the tooth :hehe:. Couldn't feel a thing.

8. KG Silent

KG Silent What's a Dremel?

Ahhh bad dentist stories! Right-o.

So back when I was 13, I had just started to get my teeth adjusted and my braces were going to be fitted soon. To do that, I had to get 6 teeth pulled (I had an incredibly screwed up mouth and jaw line). So the first dentist I went to was TERRIBLE. First thing he did when he got my in the chair and al hooked up, was O.D. me on laughing gas. First the nurse mixed it to soon and almost made me pass out from not having enough oxygen, then, as I said before, they O.D. me on laughing gas, and let me tell you, I have never been more high in my life (I don't smoke or intoxicate myself with drugs of any kind).

And then they knock me out.

I wake up in a dark room with red lighting, and I have no idea where I am. I see someone standing over me holding me down. I freak out, obviously, after years of watching freaky action flicks and playing video games, I scream and flail, not remembering where I am, or what I'm doing there. Then I pass out again. I wake up, this time with a light on, and my mom standing over me. They take me out and walk me to the car in the parking garage next door to the building the office was in. During all this I pass in and out of consciousness every 5 seconds. The first actual bit of conscious thought I had was 2 hours later as my gums bled almost a litre of blood onto my pillow.

Then I get a new dentist, who knocks out 4 teeth and I'm perfectly fine afterwards (this was a month later).

Oh, and another story! (sorry to bore you all!)

I had just gotten my braces on, and I was leaving the office and I couldn't feel any pain at all, and I was perfectly fine. So my parents treat me to Taco Bell, and as I attempt to take the first bite of my Chalupa, I find I can't chew at all. I start bawling. Sadness insues.

I don't mind my dentist anymore, I've never gotten a cavity or had any sort of problem, other than the surgery. One of my buddies just found out he has 29 cavities on 14 different teeth, however. :wallbash:

9. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

How do people get so many cavities, so far I've had no cavities at all with just brushing once a day in the morning.

10. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

GET A NEW DENTIST!!!!!!!!!

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

11. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

ill second to that, my dentist is great, never once felt any pain :rock:

12. apollyon

apollyon What's a Dremel?

I don't really have any problems with my dentist only had one cavitity which he drilled and filled just fine w/ no problems, tho i was a little thrown off when he was having me control suction and whatnot during my own drilling :worried:

HOWEVER, back in the days when i still had my braces, i had many many issues with my orthodontist. He (and his idiot apprentices :grr: ) were continually fitting my braces wrong, such that i would have mountings break like 1-3 every week or two. When he blamed it on me and said i must have not been eating right and caring for them the way i was 'spose to, me mum blew up on him and chewed him out for 10 minutes saying that i had done everything right, had eaten only what HE told me i was supposed, etc. etc. After that, i never had another one break on me.

13. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

well my wonderfull dentist story.

i fell off my bike a few years ago (bout 5yrs ago) and in falling off i broke both of my front teeth and the nerve was dangling out. so after cycling home in pain ( it only hurt if i breathed through my mouth. as the cold winters air was hitting directly on exposed nerve) mum drags me to the dentist so after talking my dentist desides its only a few years till hes 18 so patch them up and jus before his 18th bday put on some nice crowns so that my mouth had finished growing and before my 18th so i dont have to pay the £800 for 2 new teeth(they were white crowns so they cost more than the gold or silver ones. there also supposed to be made of a funky material that wont make the gums go black like some crowns do)

so he builds up my tooth with the stuff they use for fillings, that **** fell out every day. so he trys a perminat thing by drilling a small hole in my tooth and sticking a metal rod in it then molding the tooth round that. that fell out 3 days later. so he gives in and does my crowns.

so he takes a teeth print. so he can get my new teeth made. and fits me with some tempory caps.

now the nasty bit. when my new teeth finnally arrive 2 weeks later hes like i wanna try n do this with no needles so he gets this hook thing and puts it in the tooth and pulls ( i scream like a pig) so i have to have 8 shots of whatever ansthetic they use and damn that hurts a damn lot. so i get my new teeth and all is well.

so abotu 2 months down the line i get a infection in one of my crowns on teh gumline. so i have to have the back of my crown removed and the nerve taken out. 3 weeks later the same happenes to the other one. so for about a year i couldent feels hot or cold with those teeth. after that and now the roots have slowly grown back.

all this happned the day after i was told i didnt need a brace as my teeth were only 1mm out so its not worth fixing and it took about 6 months of dentist visits and treatment for my teeth to be perfect again.

i haev never had a filling in my life (no doubt i need some now i havent properly looked after my teeth latley.) when ever i went to the dentist it was a quick polish and descale every time.

14. irsekz

irsekz What's a Dremel?

yeah i probably should get a new dentist.