1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Wait, what horror stories? I just looked again and I can't see any? So far all I've heard is how amazing the PC version is and how all the big Destiny streamers will start on PS4 and move to main PC when it's out in October.

I'm hoping getting a PC beta key will be as easy as it was for console when they do the beta in August, I really hope my little potato can run it.

I tried it out with Hunter, Warlock and Titan last night and the Exotic the Titans get (Sweet Business) - O-M-G it's a beast! That thing melts bosses in PvE!

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I know my PC won't run it (at least, it won't until I can get a graphics card for it - stuck on integrated graphics for now).

I can (just about) run Diablo III on it, but it doesn't look the sharpest.

3. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

Hmm, one strike, one mission, (homecoming) and two pvp games, i dont do pvp so once i did the 3 different classes in both the mission and the strike, thats the beta over for me, the timings of the farm on sunday arent convenient for me so i probably wont get in there, well i will try anyway.

It looked good, it played good, no problem with lag or juttering or anything, once the initial log in problems were sorted that quite a few had (termite)
    I really enjoyed the warlock and of course my fav the titan, didn't really feel the hunters staff thing if I was honest. but then that's my opinion, whats yours?

4. Hex

Ohhh integrated gfx, I'm sorry :( I only have a 780 Ti, so a bit worried.

Yeah, I'd have preferred the character customisation and levelling that we had in the Destiny beta. If you're not into PvP, it's gonna be a bit samey. That said, I prefer this taster to the absolute burn-out that was For Honor's alphas and betas right up to launch. By the time the game came out I was already sick of playing it! :hehe:

I didn't mind the ArcStrider Hunter, but I switched to Gunslinger for the Strike/PvP. Switched out the Warlock to VoidWalker too after a bit.

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Sorry, i should have been a little more specific, I was referring to Blizzard/Battle.net. I'm not keen on a company that refuses to communicate with their customers unless they send photo documents proving their identity.

Sam

6. Hex

Ohhhh I see. Yeah, they're really weird about security. It was quite mental to me that when my phone died I had to show more identification to a game company than I did to get my bank apps working again.

I imagine that's only the case if you don't have the Authenticator installed. If you do, they probably accept that. I didn't though as it was on my dead phone and I couldn't put it on my new phone without removing it from the dead one first. Which, obviously, was impossible! Back-up codes could have been way more useful here!

7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I can't remember what I had to do, I think it was to show a scan of a CD key or a receipt for a boxed copy of a game that was tied to my account (I don't have any Photo ID either)

8. Hex

That would be even harder for me as I've never bought a physical copy of any Blizzard game. They also accept some other ID, such as birth certificate (for minors) and military IDs.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/26516

9. Hex

Just had to share this as it's something that I love about Destiny over other mp games I've played.

I got home last night and fancied playing a little bit of the beta. Did some PvP, then thought why not do the Strike again with randoms. It was late, I was tired, I'd been drinking and at one point I was absolutely desperate for a wee and as a result died really stupidly (I Warlock punched one of the headless meanies coming out of the milk, though I was standing in a health pool... it was not enough!). At the end I saw one of the fireteam with the ominous '...' above his head. Figure I'm going to get a message for being an idiot. Maybe I'll be told to hang myself with my controller cable, that's popular. Nope, it was a friend request :D

I have had abusive messages in Destiny, but so few and far between, I always consider it their problem not mine. Overwatch is hate almost every single match (QP, I don't even touch comp as I know it's worse), Battleborn is getting bad for it too and most shooters (console and PC) have people sending me hate on a regular basis. It always makes me question if I'm good enough to even play them. But not Destiny. I get messages a lot, but they're almost always "join fireteam?", "Nightfall?", "Raid?" and nothing more sinister.

It does make me worry about Destiny 2 though. On PC there's bound to be text chat, and it will be a lot easier to message hate. If it fills with the ******s the other games have I will be really sad :( I almost exclusively play Destiny solo as I just like to dip in and out of the game and nobody's on when I play or if they are I don't feel like I can play 1 match of PvP and then go clean the bathroom and come back for another single game! So if it becomes "just play with friends and never solo queue" I'll end up not playing. I hope they put measures in place so we can at least limit our exposure to toxic players.

10. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've just blasted through the opening levels and enjoyed it; good start, very bombastic :) Really looking forward to playing on PC though, with all the settings cranked up, you can tell the PS4 is holding it back.

11. Hex

Are you going to be on for The Farm social space tonight? Hopefully I'll be home from work in time! :)

12. GravitySmacked

I'm definitely going to try and hop on.

13. Hex

Well, I loved the Farm! Ended up staying more than an extra hour as I met some new friends there. Was so sad when I had to leave them :waah:

14. GravitySmacked

I didn't manage to get on for the Farm; wife was hogging the TV. Assuming they give access to it in the PC beta I'll give it a go then.

15. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Didn't realize the farm was becoming active until I read twitter this morning, so I missed it.

I've played the opening mission with each build (still prefer the Hunter over the others).
    I've only played the strike once so far (and that was yesterday with some randoms (seemed to be a steady stream of people dropping in and out over the course of the strike), but it seemed pretty good fun, once you know where you going (wasn't sure with the drill bit section, I can see that's going to be a problem in the Nightfalls (timing wise for revives).

I haven't had any abusive messages so far (have had a few randoms asking for Nightfall or Raid), but then I mostly tend to play solo (or with M_D_K more often or not).

Hopefully there'll be something to avoid toxic players, but I wouldn't hold my breath. (Not sure what features are part of Blizzards launcher as I've only played solo on D3 and SCII, I've not even added anyone to my friends list yet)

16. Hex

Really?? As a Hunter main it's been a case of 'spot the Hunter' for me as Titans have the shield (everyone can use), Warlocks have the healing/damage boost pools (everyone can use), Hunters can dodge... :blah: So it's back to being unhelpful until we get the 3rd subclass I guess! Though, in PvP, I've been playing Warlock mostly as mine has the Nurgal (nurgggle) and Nightshade, so I just Pulse Rifle for days and make everyone hate me. Oh yeah, she has a shotgun too :thumb:

I exclusively play solo. Unsure if you missed the gist of it, but I was saying I don't really get abuse in Destiny, but do in other games.

Considering Overwatch on PC is the absolute worst game I have played in my entire life for abusive/toxic players I am not holding my breath for the Blizzard/Activision side to help there at all. Which means we have to see what Bungie provide. So far we know there's this:

[​IMG]

Which I guess is something, though letting us note positive players too would be nice.

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I hate the warlock float, I like being able to jump higher on my 2nd press rather than just slow my decent (I know it will lift me higher if I press jump again on the upward curve of the jump but it just feels... off).

I normally prefer Scout Rifles over Pulse/Auto rifles, but the starting one the hunter had seemed underwhelming. The Auto Rifle absolutely ripped through targets in PvP though.

18. Hex

You have to use the Warlock jump differently, but in PvP it doesn't matter as both Hunter & Warlock use blink for PvP because it really is best!

I'm not a big fan of scouts, usually like ARs more than anything, but apart from the Titan exotic AR, Sweet Business, I haven't had much fun with them in the beta. Pulse Rifles though are amazing! The Nurgal is just so damn good. It's no surprise you see it a lot in PvP! The Fusion Rifles are good too, but then all the power weapons (apart from maybe the grenade launcher, which is a little bit meh) are super fun!

Talking of supers, the cooldowns really do need some work. I get that they want Supers to be special and for people to hold on to them until the right moment, but in PvP I generally only get my super right near the end of the match anyway! I very rarely use it. Maybe rather than lower the cooldown, we could start a PvP match with the bar filled a little so at least we get a chance to use it. Would like more melee-nades in PvE too.

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

I mostly played as my hunter in the Beta. Despite running a Warlock main in D1 since launch I think I may actually switch to a hunter as my initial main for D2 :).

Whilst the dodge feels weak compared to the shield / rift I did enjoy dodging near enemies to refill my melee charge. Doing this in the strike with the explosive throwing knife was awesome.

I am sill hesitant with the length of the ability cooldowns but I am reserving judgement until the final game launches and we see what armour buffs (and game tweaks post beta) are available.

Getting your super is also something that could do with a review. I generally had my super around the 5-6 minute mark in PvP (obviously I am some kind of God.. :p) but most matches ended with a flurry of supers deciding the round. In PvE it felt like an eternity before getting my golden gun.

On another note, that fusion rifle doe..... :eek:

20. Hex

That's the thing in PvP though, if you got your super earlier because you were doing well, that'd be awesome. But everyone just has to wait :( streaks and multi-kills should really fill the meter faster imo. At the moment it really just is, as some others have pointed out, "score hits 65 - supers everywhere!" which is disappointing.

So good. So much fun. Shotguns are beast too. People in PvP still don't seem to expect you to have one :hehe: