1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 2 Aug 2010.

1. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Here's mine. Just hit 70 on my wizard, and 65 on my demon hunter. I mostly do public games, adventure mode on T1 on the crusader and warrior, or with friends.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yep, I'm back at it as well. Have a barb and a monk on 70. Just started a crusader for fun, but he's just 24 right now.

I'm at work at the moment, so I can't access the battle.net. But I can give you my handle so you can search for it if you want to: Perplekks45#2601

And I will just chime in and say that I did come back to D3 after they introduced Loot 1.5, close to the RoS release. RoS, especially adventure mode and rifts, together with Loot 2.0 made D3 so much better. Finally I can actually run around with good gear, even though I don't have too much time for the game.

The big setback they introduced is that they essentially killed trading as a whole. I don't get it why you're not supposed to be able to trade legendaries or gems or crafting materials. I still remember, quite fondly I might add, the times back when I was playing D2 and trading item-for-item or item-for-sojs. It all worked surprisingly well, didn't it? Mr Smith would've been delighted had he seen the self-regulated market. Obviously there were some downsides as well, but all in all it just worked a treat. But maybe it's just the way it usually is.... things often seem better in our memories than they actually were.

3. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Is reaper of souls worth getting?

I enjoyed the first one but I thought there wasn't too much replayability, does reaper solve some of this?

4. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Trading in Diablo 2 did work quite well as a whole. However there also was a lot of black market real money trading, spamming and botting. Remember the good old days of 1.11? When botters would purposely desync the battlenet servers to be able to dupe items but rendering the game unplayable for everyone?

One purpose of the AH was to counter this black market, get Blizzard a part of the pie and cut down on the black market trading. Now that the AH is gone disabling the trade of legendary items makes sense in a way.

However I wish you would be able to trade gems at least up to the perfect square (?) quality - the best ones you can get as loot.

Also I don't get why they completely got rid of the AH and not just the real money trading. Did any of you play Path of Exile? The community over there is toxic, it's atrocious. Players may trade, but there is no auction house to advertise the goods. Everyone is trying to screw over everyone else, there is absolutely no team play. The levels of greed are unbelievable. As much as I prefer the skill system in PoE, the community and thus game play as a whole is a lot nicer in Diablo. If the price is that we cannot trade I can accept that.

I am playing a Crusader now, level 30. Really enjoying the new gameplay. She feels quite overpowered due to the 2H and shield though - seriously contemplating switching from Demon Hunter to Crusader for my main.

5. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Yeah, wish they had kept the standard AH, getting rid of the RMAH was a good idea (it was probably a hassle for them to keep it up in the first place)

The fact that any legendaries are non tradable (with anyone not in your party at the time of drop, or even with party members of 3? hours) sux balls.
    There's been a few times that I've gotten some legendaries that clannies/mates wanted and vice versa, only to have to salvage it for parts instead.

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I haven't seen anything lower than Marquise gems with my 70 chars so far. And two Imperial ones.

It may seem a bit imba but later in the game survivability is not too great for the Crusader. From what I've read at least. The latest patch today should somehow ease the burden on those high-end Crusaders.

And I have to agree, the Crusader is a lot of fun if you like melee chars.