1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Eee Keyboard delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Nov 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i assume you can connect it (wireless) to an other (bigger) screen?
    if so, there is a chance i would be interested...

3. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

If wireless monitor/tv connectivity becomes more widespread then I can see this device being a hit, but if it's tied to a monitor then it's no better than an AIO.

4. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Beat me to it!

5. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

When I first saw this I thought "great!". I thought it was a keyboard with a secondary touch monitor, which could be used for anything (or just a very shiny number pad). I was thinking more along the line of a normal keyboard with an Optimus mini 3 built in.

But once I found out it was a whole PC, I can't see it selling. No one with a HTPC wants a large keyboard (although I know you you still need one hidden somewhere for the odd situation). Also, I don't think these will be useful in offices, normal nettops are cheaper and you just know you'll spill coffee on it one day. Finally, they're just not powerful enough for us geeky people, who are probably the only people who'd know how to use the screen.

So all that's left is people who want a PC in their spare room for guests or the kitchen, but then they'd go the cheaper option.

6. Goty

Goty Minimodder

I don't know, I almost just want to buy one because it's novel....

7. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

I like the look of it. An office keyboard PC that you can easily carry between meetings and plug in to any TFT or overhead projector, plus an almost usable screen built it for while you're on the move. Assuming it has a battery.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

just make it a little bigger and put CULV CPU into it. Atom won't be able to support a satisfying experience on a bigger screen.

9. Blackie Chan

Blackie Chan What's a Dremel?

Whoa, hadn't heard of this. definitely looks cool. I don't really know if this will be worthwhile, depending on the price, though.

10. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

this is cool. it's something most people will buy because it looks cool. not because it is very practical or functional. Hope they leave the touch screen open for use by third party developers. Wonder if it's connected like a second monitor or if it's driven by special software.

This reminds me so much of what a modern Amiga would look like in an alternate reality where they still reigned.

11. wiak

wiak What's a Dremel?

am just wating a amd version that will blow this away, heck AMD 785G chipsets beats the living daylights out of any intel chipset :p

12. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Would make for a very neat and tidy desk... I still prefer sofa + laptop though.

13. [- pio -]

[- pio -] Minimodder

+1

14. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Why aren't they using the keyboard body as an antenna if it blocks the internal one?

15. Goty

Goty Minimodder

Antennae are more than just pieces of metal. The keyboard body itself probably wouldn't make a good one.

16. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

this would be awesome as a ultra portal and functional HTPC
    IF it could handle 1080P and the uncompressed audio wirelessly to a hidef TV that would make this simply amazing.

17. SomeoneNotQuite

SomeoneNotQuite What's a Dremel?

Add a second core and an Ion chipset and this would be the perfect HTPC! Stream media off a NAS drive and run Media Center over the wireless HDMI. Tuck it away with a remote control receiver or sit with it for some sofa based web browsing. Even if it pushed the price up another ton it would be well worth it. Lack of tv tuner and recording would be the only drawback but with VoD and network drives who needs such archaic functions :p I'm sure even a wireless Bluray drive isn't beyond the realms of possiblility in a few months time for those hardcore HDers. Its starting to draw my affections away from the Asrock 330HT which needs a UK ETA sharpish!

18. enciem

enciem Minimodder

can you overclock it? lol

Tags: Add Tags