1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Epic explains why no Gears of War 3 PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Aug 2011.

1. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

The part about this that annoys me the most is that the characters and maps were showcased on the PC. This was the game that introduced the U3 engine. It looked phenomenal, still does to this day.... until they diluted it for the consoles. To be fair, they aren’t just diluting the graphics for the PC they are diluting it for the console as well. Look at the new game when it comes out and even though it’s the same hardware, I bet it looks better. Even for BF3 they said they were cutting the frame rate to 30 FPS to increase detail. This means even on the consoles, they are getting a compromised product.

The PC market is down for one reason... Game Dev companies are killing it. They cant release a spreadsheet saying, looks like games on PC sales are goign down, then not release a game because of that prediction, well no s**t its goign down cause you aren't releasing the games.

Anyway, there is one reason I enjoy this game and its the co-op mode. I don't understand why more games don't have it.

2. Tsung

Tsung What's a Dremel?

After playing the Space Marine demo last night, I see no space in the PC market for GOW. Download the demo on Steam today (should be general release) ..

3. uz1_l0v3r

uz1_l0v3r What's a Dremel?

Boo bloody hoo, no Gears of Bore for the pc. Epic, you are increasingly becoming an irrelevance.

4. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

OMFG God forbid they do any work whatsoever. Now even a crappy port job is too much trouble.

But not that I care I'm actually glad. Epice used to be, well, epic. Now I hope they go under with their crappy games and poor attitude.

5. Chriscogley

Chriscogley What's a Dremel?

i think they should have bought it out on the pc
    as it would be cool on the pc due to the technology that is availible for pc's and the graphics that can be achieved also the setup's
    but the point i'm trying to make is that gears of war 3 should have come out on pc as it would be quite an epic game due to the advances in computer technology
    but if they are getting a huge bonus from microsoft then who will blame them as it must be worth the money or they wouldn't be choosing that option
    but personally they should have released it on the pc as it could have been pushed further
    personal opinion

6. NuForce

NuForce What's a Dremel?

Epic hasn't released a great game since 1999 UT GOTY edition. The disastrous roll out of UT3 is a recent example. Therefore, I don't blame Epic for not even attempting a PC version.

Since I will never own a gaming console... Good bye Epic.

7. 7ony

7ony What's a Dremel?

Maybe if people complained in an adult civil manner developers would listen and perhaps seriously rethink their reluctance to port a game to pc.

I am as disappointed as the next man that Epic appear to have abandoned the pc but when they make a game for console and it makes millions, you can't blame them for not releasing a pc version that will probably not sell well in comparison.

8. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

The problem is that they're using a bad excuse still. Admittedly it won't sell that well, but it would undoubtedly sell decently well.

9. mon436

mon436 What's a Dremel?

Excellent S3DR gaming immersion is currently possible only with PC versions running the appropriate software, like DDD's Ignition. GOW3 uses a virtual 3D with a distorted geometry around the camera viewpoint. A PC version of GOW3 could have more natural 3D and a full resolution (1920) display, rather than half-resolution side-by-side display. I have played/assessed 3D in many recent titles like Crysis 2 and Witcher 2.

I would like to see a full release of all Gears of War games (2 and 3) on the PC platform...

10. Mantis25

Mantis25 What's a Dremel?

If you don't want our money fine we pc gamers have much better games to play anyways. The only people who play xbox are kids and crybabies. It actually takes skill to game with a mouse and keyboard. Keep your game on xbox no sweat off my nuts! I wouldn't own an xbox if you put a gun to my head.

11. roytech9

roytech9 What's a Dremel?

Ahh It's a Damn Lie...

They are Just Too afraid Of Skidrow , Reloaded Teams.
    Same Thing Ubisoft Is Trying.

12. R4CHIS

R4CHIS What's a Dremel?

What could possibly be more ridiculous than me posting super late on this article? Answer: the many incredibly naive/biased/idiot posts I just read here today.

1) GoW PC sold terribly compared to it's console counterpart. Therefore, the answer Epic gave for not making GoW 3 for PC is legitimate. Not that it matters because we can only seem to get roughly 30k people on GoW 3 at a time in the Western Hemisphere. So the population for GoW is a lot smaller than that of other popular multiplayer games. That being the case, gamers in general need to stop thinking they are the only ones on the planet because we are never going to get what we want all the time.

2) The rift between PC gamers and Console gamers needs to end. I'm so tired of seeing it. All it does is divide the community. I play games on both so let me make this super easy for everyone. PC gaming and Console gaming require a different set of skills. The two are hardly comparable due to the fact that a gamepad is vastly inferior to a mouse and keyboard in some ways and a keyboard is inferior to a gamepad in others. It's a lot easier to maintain consistency with PC and the precision you get from a mouse allows you to do things a lot faster. The fact that it's not as easy to be good with a gamepad means you have to develop that muscle memory over time so that you can be consistent. That's just not something you have to work too hard on with a mouse. Long story short, the two experiences are completely different and both should be respected.

3) We are ALL gamers here. I don't care if you're a hardcore gamer who has played since the Atari or if you are a brand new casual gamer that decided to stop messing around on Facebook too much. We all like the same damn thing! In real life that generally makes it easier to get along with people. Unfortunately, guys like the lot of you decide to take on secondary personalities just because you're on the internet. It's a shame. If the E-Penises were to leave then the gaming community would be a lot more enjoyable.

So let me be the one guy here who says I enjoy every moment I play on my Xbox and I love my PC too. Lrn2liekgamesfoolz

Tags: Add Tags