1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EVGA previews LGA2011 motherboard

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 21 Jul 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

2 years on and the right angel 24pin that Asus told me said wasnt feasable (although a good idea) has now appeared on an EVGA board.

First to market, usually the first to suceed.

Been wating for one of these for ages now, shame its an EVGA board mind :(

3. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

What's wrong with EVGA? They're slowly but surely getting to be my favourite manufacturer. Everything I've ever had of theirs has been excellent.

Also, DO WANT.

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

I have nothing but respect for EVGA. They are far and away my favourite manufacturer, and their warranty is second to none, along with their customer service (that I've experienced). When I'm building PCs, I always try and get EVGA parts these days over others.

5. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

I'm sure this was one of the things on my list I entered to go into the Asus OC Summit. Asus - pay attention to what eVGA are doing! They are growing in the higher end sector, so they must be doing something right!

Andrew/Miodrag - your comments about the SR2 being too expensive may be true, but they still sell, and at a healthy profit no less too! At what point do you start listening to your consumers in Market who are spending their hard earned rather than your marketing department in Taiwan who look at numbers...

Hopefully we'll see some of the comments submitted put into a set of concepts or even produced....

6. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

As the Q is pretty much the same I'll reply to you both in one...

I like EVGA boards, I have owned 4 of the X58 units. My issue with them is there complexity in the Bios leading to no benefits over a more simple design.

In the end I settled with the MSI BigBang XPower as it clocked better and held lower volts than any of the EVGA boards I had tried previously.

A tendancy to weaken when clocked was one of my issues with the X58 classi 4 way which left me feeling a little bitter.

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've sent this who thread to our Marketing Director. They are reading.

I'd also like to point out, we haven't shown our cards yet. Yellow boards are certainly not what we plan to sell.

We may not have the SR-2 style board either, but we still test products like Danshui Bay. The prototype shown off at Computex was a working sample. ;)

8. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

That's really p0rn... I just hope that some of those Ivy Bridge land on my Sabertooth 1155, so I can ditch my lovely i5 2500K for a moooarr powerfull cpu

9. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

That sounds like a plan but I suspect itll be 22nm duals on the 1155 rather than any 2500k killers :(

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

They've moved on from the rubbish chinese el-caps through solid caps and now back to POS? Someone shoot the people responsible for that name :)

11. sakzzz

sakzzz Minimodder

About time that Fugly 24 pin connector does not shove its face straight out of the motherboard... Would be much easier hiding the cables with a right angled connector

12. Tattysnuc

WOW. That Danshui board looks even more impressive, especially on the re-read. I can't see there being a tremendous demand for it, unless it is EXCELLENT for both platforms, otherwise it would just be 2 compromises. Dead interesting as a concept as the article does state that it;'s only a mock up (http://www.anandtech.com/show/4419/computex-2011-danshui-bay-concept-motherboard) but I'd love to be able to see how it works.... 2 cpus are they visible in one OS or would it be one OR the other? Could they talk to each other... Ooooh! I'm getting moist. Weird eh.

I'd love to See Asus doing with the motherboards what they are doing with the GFX cards. Who knows, it'd be great to see an Ares mobo.... Stackable Overclockable Server boards fitting into an E-ATX footprint. 1 Board becomes 2 boards becomes.... Expand as you need. Seems so simple in concept, but I'm sure it's a bally nightmare from the technical perspective.

I need to do more work, or stop daydreaming :)

13. Tattysnuc

.... or one that faces downso the cables don;'t need to even come over the top of the board. A mount from above OR behind concept...

Back to work.....

14. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

Although the yellow ones did stand out from the others... :D

I would love to see a Danshui Bay based pc... since it would have both the LGA 1366 and 2011 processors on it. I wonder how it works though. It should work since the X79 chipset supports the LGA 1366 processors since Intel would launch one. However, two together??? that is something different. But this would mean that it would be a much more cost efficient upgrade since I would still be able to utilize my core i7 920 from my current build and use the same ram.

Keep me posted...very interested:clap:

15. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

My only gripe is.. Congrats the 24pin has been set to a 90' angel.

Why is the 8pin not set in this way too??

16. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

They work in Valve time, that is the problem. Asus/Gigabyte/MSI released P67 B2 boards, recalled them, released B3 boards, started selling Z68 boards - and at the time the rest of the world started selling Z68 boards EVGA finally released their P67 board(s). Oh and no EVGA Z68 boards yet.

Except that, EVGA is OK.

17. coolmiester

coolmiester Coolermaster Legend

I'll be starting a new mod as soon as i can get my hands on one of these >>> EVGA Readies Dual-LGA2011 X79 Motherboard

I just hope they hit UK's shores quicker than the SR-2 did because that was just a joke :rolleyes:

18. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

Look at the picture again, one has an open padlock next to the '1' and the other has a closed padlock. My guess would be open this one first, close this one first. By the design of the clip it's fairly self explanatory.

19. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

How long until a mATX LGA2011 board? How ill it be laid-out?

20. feathers

feathers Minimodder

I am currently running an EVGA Cheesecake 657 (my first EVGA product) and there have been times when I hated it but overall it's a stable board (more so than the buggy Gigabyte I had). Gigabytes seem to overclock very well but the one I had crashed each morning on first boot. The most annoying thing about my EVGA board is the lack of crash recovery on failed overclock (i mean if you make a mistake with some bios settings it goes into an infinite loop and shows error code. You have to wipe the cmos and reload it to get it back and even then the D4 error loop can hang around for a day or 2. After that it settles down and you don't see the error loop unless you flash a new bios or switch bios).

I wouldn't say this board is the easiest to overclock but I am stable at 4ghz with my i7 860 and I have been to 4.3ghz when I had 4gb ram (8gb is too much for anything above 4ghz).

Tags: Add Tags