1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News FBI crack down on gold farmers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Apr 2011.

1. banshee256

banshee256 What's a Dremel?

What isn't 'believed to be linked to Al-Qaeda' these days? What's next? The stupid Facebook pages you have to 'like' to see the contents? People who jaywalk? Midgets in dresses?

2. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

I lol'd

+ Rep

3. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

No, what I mean is use "dirty" money to pay gold farmers, then sell the gold generated, via micro transactions, to generate "clean" money. If you do it on a large enough scale you get a constant revenue stream.

Untraceable....

4. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Its got to be those Damn goblins blowing themselves up!!!!

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I couldn't resist it any longer..

[​IMG]

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ha. Hahahaha. Hahahahahaha.

Next, we'll be linked to terrorism because we have an FS/FT board.

Paranoid FBI.

8. Mitcian

Mitcian What's a Dremel?

I loled.

9. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I believe the investigation stems from fraud by gold farmers, both in stealing accounts and claiming to sell gold but never deliver. Since the fraud is happening across state lines it's FBI jurisdiction.

That being said, sounds like these two students are being left out to dry while the real guys are behind 7 proxies

10. kzinti1

kzinti1 What's a Dremel?

Sometimes I'm completely ashamed to be an American. At times such as these the FBI is almost always involved somehow. From the transvestite 1st Director of the FBI, J. Edgar Hoover to the murderess, Janet Reno, who precipitated the Waco Massacre, and now some idiot trying to tie gaming to terrorism. At least this moron Director has the tiny bit of sense to keep a low profile. I don't know who he/she/it is and am afraid to search the net to find out lest I be arrested and tortured to death at Guantanamo Bay.
    BTW, Janet Reno, for incinerating innocent men, women, children and babies, for legally exercising their Right to Religious Freedom and the Right to legally Bear Arms, Hell has made a special room just for you. While you're frying there you'll be forced to watch what you did. Yes, you'll get some small enjoyment for a year or two, watching the burning of innocents. But, Hell is repetition. I doubt that you'll enjoy yourself after a few years and you won't be having any fun at all when you realize that this will be happening constantly, for all eternity. I do not pity you at all. God forgives, but after that, Satan gets even.

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

And gold farming certainly is money!

Where do people think terrorists get their money from? Working day jobs? Gold farming may sound a little crazy but it's certainly not impossible. If you're a less than legal organization looking to make some money it's a valid option. It's really not too different from drug production and trading.

12. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

@kzintl1 Pehaps if there wasnt a right to bare arms they wouldnt all be dead now

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

hell no.. that's one of the rights we have- if our government ever gives up the ghost we have a way to defend ourselves.. putting your trust in politicians/government is foolish.. look at switzerland- one of the highest gun toting nations in the world and also happens to have the lowest crime rate

waco was law enforcement botching the job (hate to say as usual, but yeah).. the only real debate should be about automatic and semi automatic rifles which can be used for mass murder

even then.. if enough citizens aren't foolish and believe that it can't happen here, maybe someone will have a concealed gun permit and be able to take out the shooter before he mows everyone down.. if someone like that ever happened, you'd be singing a different tune

anyways mmo gold farmers.. they make quite a bit- remember in lineage it was 100 bucks for 10 million adena in game.. was plenty of business too

14. pingu666

pingu666 What's a Dremel?

about the untraceable part, atleast a large part of the money would be through paypal and similer systems, which do keep really good records

15. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

True but if they are paying the gold farmers in dirty cash and taking back payments by Paypal, how can the dirty money be traced?

16. blinkieleblind

blinkieleblind Tings and such

I met Bin Laden in Tanaris.... he is a lvl 85 warrior named terowrist

he tried to sell me gold through www.extremistgold.com...... i said no!

17. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

Not to start a 2nd amendment debate so far away from Drudge/HuffPost, but seriously? Did no one but me catch the 'well-regulated militia' clause in there? It used to be just that - you'd put down your hoe and go drill on military tactics. You know, like a militia. Now, especially with our currently-retarded Supreme Court, it's an excuse for any (non-felon) wackjob to get a legal weapons cache like that scene in Commando. Thanks to the 'gun show loophole', among other things, cold, hard cash is all you need to amass a proper armory if you're a felon.

To this, though, wut? It's like the scene in The Wire when, to expedite a warrant, 'Stringer Bell' suddenly becomes 'Mohammed'...it's BS, and I hope to live long enough to see the gov't files from the past 10 years get declassified and find out what's really been going on.

Every day, I get a little more embarrassed to be an American...not that I thought it was anything to be particularly proud of to begin with.

18. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

:thumb:

edit: Server not found! The FBI pulled that website already ...

Last edited: 17 Apr 2011
  19. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Pretty sure real terrorists play Counter-Strike.

20. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

So, somehow in-game gold is being considered money competing with the US dollar or something now? I think this government is grasping straws now trying to save itself. Stupid US government, just go bankrupt already and everyone will be happy.

Tags: Add Tags