1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Football Manager 2018 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 13 Nov 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

FYI - This game also has a Linux client from day one, £37.99 on Steam.

The Linux gaming requirements are quite light with "Intel HD Graphics 3000/4000, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – 256MB VRAM."

3. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I'm enjoying this years release, more so than the past few. I thought last years was a tad dull, so much so that I installed the Instant Result skin (meaning I didn't actually have to watch the game).
    This year's release has made me feel more involved with my players and as such, I'm watching the the game now (even though I have installed this year's version of the skin) - mainly so I can drag off the crappy players (if needed) who sulk if I don't pick them and then tell them after that they didn't play well enough.

Managing the Massive Chorley FC this season (I've always started with either these or Fylde) I've had a lot of fun trying to get them promoted. For me it's so much more fun dealing with players who want £50 per week instead of the £50m per week that the premiership players want.
    As I'm only into my 2nd season, I haven't really had much involvement with transfers (mine are all freebies so far).

My main gripe with previous releases is with transfers and wage demands. I always felt that the game would double any transfer fee when I wanted to buy and the player would demand the most rediculous wages. The amount of players I offered wages to, only to be turned down, see them go to a worse team and accept less than half what I offered really annoyed me. I really hope this has been improved upon this year.

Tags: Add Tags