1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Fridge and Freezer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sowler, 26 Sep 2002.

1. Sowler

Sowler What's a Dremel?

At home we have just brought a new fridge/freezer and our old ones, the insulation has gone so on the outside they are rusting.

The question is does anyone think it might be worth taking the guts out of either the fridge or the freezer for a possible water cooling setup. I don't have any water cooling gear at the mo but these things aren't gonna be aroung forever so what do you guys think would be a good idea.

Sowler

2. ::Dawg::

::Dawg:: What's a Dremel?

3. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Just read Hapless thread (Project Log), nice job :clap:

The Dremel work is outstanding if you ever had a go of one of these you will understand to achieve what he has is awesome. Infact its that good it looks lazer cut.

You best go and look at the thread like I did.

4. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

The answer to the question was in the last post by hapless as he dismantless the chiller. They are not straight forwards to operate and bulid. KMS from PClincs is getting great results from his though.

5. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

As I understand it, people use dehumidifiers to make chillers as they are designed for continuous use.

Fridge/freezers tend to cycle on and off for periods at a time.

You may find this a problem with prolonged usage (but I've not tried using a fridge/freezer compressor so I couldn't say for sure...) just fyi.

[Edit] Plus, the evaporator and condensor tend to be a more manageable size on a dehumidifier...

Tags: