1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News G.Skill's Trident, Perfect Storm and, err, watch?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 9 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

It's a shame they're not selling that "watch" separately, I'd actually buy that, would go well with my current set-up!

3. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

this is just tech for techs sake. complete waste of time.

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

That depends on the air-flow in your case - even the Noctua cooler I use only just clips the tips of the Dominator DHX+ RAM fins - I don't like that so a clip on fan would be nice, but the dominator airflow fan set thingy is too large and excessive (and possibly noisy given the 3 fans)

5. Slyr7.62

Slyr7.62 «ŚŁÂŶÈŘ»

Yes. I'll be making my own dual-fan RAM cooler, but having a factory made one would be nice.

Ninja Edit: I like the G.Skill's fan module that is black(possibly remove the fan's LED's).

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You can easily whip out the fan, or even desolder the LEDs.

The current models above are a first sample only so they're really quite tacky plastic. I saw the pre-production blue-prints before they came to CeBIT and on paper it looks damn smart. Im not one for fans as value adds but if G.Skill made them quality, I think they could possible go into business more with MOSFET/northbridge/HSF coolers around this smooth and sweeping style. Looks damn nice!

Tags: Add Tags