1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs Games I Own: Freedom Force

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cutter McJ1b, 2 Feb 2010.

1. Cutter McJ1b

Cutter McJ1b Home-cut jibs at discount Prices

2. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Got the pack this weekend at 2€ for the simple reason that the games were created by Irrational Games. I don't think I'd ever planned on actually playing them, and now I have another reason... :)

3. el_diablo_72

el_diablo_72 What's a Dremel?

To be honest, the war time one was pretty good fun - I'd play that one first just for the experience.

4. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

This was very helpful to me. I also picked them up during the sale, but while I found the writing to be humorous, I also found the gameplay to be mostly about micromanagement. I guess I'll just put this one down.

5. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I played the second one first, and really enjoyed it to be honest. The difficulty was just right, I was drawn in by the characters and it stayed with me long after I finished it.

I went on to play the first after finishing the second, and the difficulty was a real shock. I fumbled my way through the second one, but had to play the first one permemently on 1/3 speed because it was so hard.

It's worth pointing out in the first one all the apparenty seperate super-villians are all tied together towards the end, they're all part of one overarching story that only reveals itself when you meet Mr. Mechanical (even though he's not the boss of interest).

I would recommend trying the second one. It gets into the crux of the game much faster because there's no character history levels (as they're all already introduced in the first one), and the heros themselves go through much more involved story archs. Plus, the game as a whole is much easier, so can be played without too much concentration or replaying.

I'd give the first game a 6/10, but the second more like an 8/10.

Tags: Add Tags