1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games Workshop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by [ZiiP] NaloaC, 17 Jan 2011.

1. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

been away a while but I havent been idle.. batch painting some grotz... finished the mech , bougt some hideously expensive meganobz... ( which im itching to start) :)

[​IMG]URL=http://s237.photobucket.com/user/philheckler/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150203_184412_zps4ynuzhu3.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]URL=http://s237.photobucket.com/user/philheckler/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150125_155155_zps1gtbqinv.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL]

2. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

i keep looking at ork stuffs but i really dont know if i can afford to collect another army although the idea of selling my imperial guard keeps cropping up so who knows

i remember when the stompa kit was released GW did a huge apoc battle in the White Dwarf and that really impressed me. once i complete my Space marine army ( £100 sitting in my Ebay basket ready for payday ) ill want to start working on another army
    i have
    Tyranids
    Imperial guard
    Tau

3. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

If you're a serious player who plays serious games (insert much frowning and stroking of beard here) then I think that orks are not the way to go. However if you just play for poops and giggles and all you want is a good scrap then I can't think of anything better. That's certainly the way I will be running my orks, if I ever get them finished that is...

4. philheckler

I just love the models , fantasy orcs were nice but the model range is a bit limited , the 40k ork range is huge and the models so much fun to build and paint... just finished putting togethe my new meganobz.. so many parts and options per model...

5. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The Horus Heresy weekend has been this weekend-pics and info has been coming out- site below has good picture coverage and news.

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Main bits- book 5 is the assult on Calth- Guilliman is the next primarch- only pics of top half atm.

Background and units of the Ultramarine-500 worlds is explained + background. Updated rules for WB, Warp Cult army list

Book 6 is the ' Shadow Crusade/Underworld War on Calth/World Eaters' Argel Tal is in this book.
    Should see Thrammas and Signus conflicts to bring the Lion and Sanguinius togther with Guilliman for Imperium Secundus.

Book 7- Prospero- work still on going.

Still leaves Corax/Perturabo/Dorn/Alpharius

6. lilgoth89

<< may or may not have just picked up a Knight Titan

also got the rest of my Space Marines save a librarian and a final stormraven

i HATE the fact that drop pods are not considered assault vehicles

once it all turns up ill be totting up points

still hoping to get some of you folks together for a huge Apocalypse game though
    ill likely be pushing 5k points maybe 6k ( more if i take my IG as a detachment )

is any army ever truly finished ?? GW will just bring out the next big unit you must have ( recently Flyers, Knights / Riptide / Wraithknight / Gorkanaught )

Last edited: 11 Feb 2015
  7. Almightyrastus

Very fair point. However, nothing of mine is really at a useable point as I keep chopping and changing to prevent getting burnt out. The worst thing that can happen is that I end up painting stuff because I have to rather than because I want to.

I just lose all interest and end up doing nothing.

8. philheckler

meganob mek...

[​IMG]

9. Almightyrastus

Oooo stompy AND zappy, lotsa like.

I have, like just about everyone it seems... been working on these little beauties:

[​IMG]

Always had a secret soft spot for the Harlequins, loved them since the first releases back in the Rogue Trader days and these new ones are just bringing it all back, especially with the inclusion of the old neuro disruptors in the box as well. Can't wait for the new death jester and shadow seer.

I'm still hoping for regular jetbikes as well (big face on the front is optional...)

Last edited: 15 Feb 2015
  10. lilgoth89

BLEH!! tried to strip the paint off some models and made a c0ck up of it somewhere

i tried the Dettol method, but the paint has turned into a gloopy mess that is getting everywhere >_<

11. Almightyrastus

That's what happens, you need to grab a good stiff (and cheap) toothbrush and scrub the hell out that goop

12. lilgoth89

still hoping to build / buy my own gaming table as it would help me get some battles in while not flaring my Social Anxiety up to much

the main thing that really puts me off building is my total lack of tools / experience / confidence in my ability to do a decent job

but my marine force is nearing completion ( at least for now ) With the addition of Predator #5 ( 3 annihilator and 3 destructor ) and land raider #4 ( 2 standards a crusader and a redeemer )
    once the weather warms up abit ill get some spray painting done in the garage, most of my force now just needs a base coat before i paint them up as Iron hands

hopefully ill be able to get some photos over the next few days of the before paint

as soon as my (first) Knight titan arrives

13. Almightyrastus

Doesn't matter if you do a crap job the first time, just flip it over and start again

14. lilgoth89

its more getting accurate cuts im worried about, having few tools and a very not steady hand makes me apprehensive

im hoping to get a similar table to the GW one ( 2x2 ft squares ) but held together with Dowels ( i found a guide somewhere ) i have no problems getting the materials, but its getting them cut to the right size ( the local Wickes does not cut wood for you, and those that do are to far away for someone that doesnt drive )

i dont really have anywhere i can store a 6x4 table making a large single table difficult to use

15. Almightyrastus

Get the pieces ready cut when you buy them. Grab a 6x4 sheet and ask them to chop it down to equal sized pieces. You'll have to do a little bit of trimming to take into account the kerf of the saw blade then it's just a matter of batons along the edges to take the dowel system.

Doing a dowelled construction is going to result in some pretty chunky and heavy boards through. You'd be best off starting with something like 15mm cross ply wood (cross plys stop it warping when you put the water based coatings on).

Doing the 2' squares is a good idea for versatility as well, otherwise you end up playing on the same board all the time, this way you can mix them up. However, making a modular system does take a lot more forethought into how you lay out the terrain features that will not be moveable such as any roads, rivers, or hills that you want to incorporate.

If you want any plans redrawing up in CAD to give sharp edges for marking out and the like, let me know and I'll see what I can get sorted out for you.

16. lilgoth89

yeah the local wickes does cant 'pre cut' the wood for you ( annoyingly ) and i dont drive so id need someone to give me a lift to a local place that does

17. Almightyrastus

Yeah, you really want to be using a table saw for that or you end up with all sorts of "Orky" edges.

18. lilgoth89

also considering ive decided that Tyranids will be my 'next' army for homebrew games i decided i would do something about the DREADFULL codex...

so i downloaded read all the tyranid codex's and decided to make a mish mash of them, like returning the Carnifex to ( almost ) its former glory, the Pyrovore's weapon changed to 'Torrent' not template and a few other little niggles ( zoanthropes buffed to 3+) hopefully that should make them better on the tabletop

since its homebrew ive no issue's with removing the nerfbat the codex got hit with and if its to OP ill just nerf them back slightly ( my rules = my buff's / nerfs )

but first its table time, i found MDF boards on amazon, but for 3, 4ft X 2ft boards it will still cost me over £50 (£52.95) when shipping is factored in

19. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

A builders merchant wouldn't charge much more than £20 for a full 8x4 sheet of 18mm MDF, and if you're not in too much of a rush would probably deliver it next time they're going near your house.

You'd just need a cheap circular saw to get the board cut up and you'd have an extra 4x2 board for future use.

Alternatively you could look at some chipboard loft flooring, they come in 4ftx1ft and 4ftx2ft boards, to get a 4ftx6ft table would come in at £20-30. The benefit of them is that they are machined to slot together (T&G).

20. saspro

saspro IT monkey

I might have some nids going soon, having a bit of a tidy up and have a couple of hundreds nids sitting there