1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Gaming stores

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by hypocrisy86, 28 Apr 2004.

1. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Like internet cafe's in europe we have gaming cafes... now
    right near where i live theres a place called "Gladiator games"
    first hour of gaming is free.. they got mostly online games.. half-life stuff planetside.. COD,Battlefield etc..ive never been in there, thinking they'd use crappy computers...me and my dad had a good conversation bout having something like an internet cafe here but was also a resturant..id like that.alot heh..i dont know how many gaming stores there are..if someone has one reply.

2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I read this 4 times and i still dont know what you are asking, can you please rephraise

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We have a lan-centre in our union called Unicon only been in there once for an overnight thing, cost a tenner iirc. Played a bit of starcraft, tried to get people to play quake 3 or something decent but the kiddies just wanted to play CS and C&C which basically ruined it for me. I left at 5am.
    They are decent machines for 18months old; Ti4200s, XP2200s, 512meg ram etc
    Unless it's properly organised, then its usually ****, and food+computers dont generally mix well.

4. fallenSaint

fallenSaint What's a Dremel?

We've got a few up here, more like an evergoing LAN party that they just provide computers and games for everyone keep the room nice and dark and then jack prices up on all caffinated products to keep you going. I never much cared for them because I don't feel comfortable playing any games without my own personalized setup but if you don't have the $krill to put on a decent system these places tend to make sure their comps can play the games they provide.

5. Ade_Zero

Ade_Zero What's a Dremel?

you guys are pritty lucky....having lan centers and stuff like that.......i would bet there wouldnt be a place like that for 100 miles from where i live, i got 2 computers linked so now and then i have a 1 on 1 lan game with one of my mates but still.......its nothing special.........1 day i hope north devon will be as advanced and resident friendly as the rest of the world :(

6. calnen

calnen moo!!

Come up here, there are two of those places in the city. One of them has a 'beat our champion and win a fiver' system for CS - its not my game so I never tried, but a few mates have had a go at taking the owner on :)

They're a good idea, but I much prefer playing on my own system than anyone else's, and you just can't beat getting together with 8 or so friends for a room vs room LAN :)

7. Ashen

Ashen What's a Dremel?

New one just opened down the road from the GAME store that I just applied to work in. Can't remember the name. Its in Portadown in Northern Ireland if you happen to leave close.

Rumours are it has 20+ alienware PC's and a 8mb net line. if thats true....I think ill be there on breaks :D

8. Morphious

Morphious What's a Dremel?

I've always wanted to start one up around where I live but I am still not sure. I need to get a degree first and find a good place to set one up. :)

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Why do you need a degree? Are we talking university degree or something im not familure with? Or do you need to finish your degree first?

10. Morphious

Morphious What's a Dremel?

Well I would like to get a degree with something in computer programming. Additionally a degree in some business thing would be nice, as then I'd have the knowledge to run a successful one. :)

11. Shadowspawn

Shadowspawn Another hated American.

There are several here in Colorado Springs, its gotten a bit competitive in fact. The problem I have with them is that I already have broadband and can find opponents anytime I want, so why would I want to pay the extra money to play?

So thats one competitor that you can't snuff out. The best way to stay in business is to hold competitions on a regular basis. Thats really the only way to win over the broadband crowd.

Tags: