1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Getting rid of microsoft account

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ozzie, 22 Oct 2017.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie Fork 'andles I wanted

I recently opened a microsoft account which I now regret. I wish to close it but every attempt tells me "something went wrong" I have even obtained a code from them and that does not work either.

2. Ozzie

No takers?

3. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Don't know of any way, other than just don't use it, but they still have your details etc. then.

If you just want to use a local account for win 10 login, I think you can change that in account settings (change to local account).

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

5. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I'm not 100% sure where you're trying to delete it from...? The PC or the account as a whole?

6. Ozzie

Thanks to all, I don't know if I have closed it or not but what my intention was is to be able to login with my original password from my original user account. At the moment I can only log in using Microsoft account. Any attempt to change this results in "Something went wrong" message.

7. Ozzie

I have found another older backup on ext drive. Booting from this solves the present microsoft account problem but it will not verify for some reason which puzzles me as it is a clone of the original fixed drive.