1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming Waterforce WB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 9 Dec 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Spigsy

Spigsy What's a Dremel?

Beautiful card on first impressions BUT...

Am I alone in wishing manufacturers would steer away from logos with phrases like 'xtreme gaming' or such like? I may be wrong but I would have thought cards at this price would be aiming for a more mature demographic who typically have more expendable income and more muted tastes. The packaging is one thing, but to engrave a 1k card with such slogans seems asinine when a pack of optional stickers would suffice.

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

I do agree. I think it looks better than a number of "Gaming" products do, but still a more mature look could quite easily be achieved.

4. Neutronman

Neutronman What's a Dremel?

Nice review.
    I have the MSI 1080 SeaHawk with the EK Waterblock. You have a great in game overclock. The best I can get with my card is 2086mhz in game.
    Just saying.

5. stealth80

stealth80 Minimodder

Hmm that's a hefty premium to pay to have someone fit a water block for you, I picked up a Palit Gamerock Premium 1080 for £579 (they've since gone up) a block for £100 and back plate for £30, so in effect i'd be paying over £100 for them to fit the block. Performance and clocks are no better either

6. Panos

Panos Minimodder

I agree with Stealth80. Bought an MSI Armor OC for £590, the pre-filled EK block & backplate for £120, and with the predator 360 clocked the 1080 @ 2190 without problem, costing me £710 in total.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

buying pre fitted waterblocks has always been expensive. This is no different.

8. Neutronman

Neutronman What's a Dremel?

For me it was different here in the USA. I bought the MSI SeaHawk for $800 delivered. The MSI card on its own was $649, the EK waterblock was $145 plush shipping and the backplate was $35 plus shipping. So basically I was able to save a few bucks doing it myself. I will admit that this is the first time that I have bought an already assembled card and block as like you guys I normally DIY. Pricing is different in the USA.

Tags: Add Tags