1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Good cooler for i5 2500k and MSI P67A GD53?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by maximus09, 13 Sep 2011.

1. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

just got my H60 in the post from Scan!! Took my system apart and almost finished mounting when one of the stand-offs screws that attached to the back plate and thumbscrews, became damaged (the thread just came off), so coudn't mount the cooler!! grrrr Had to put only Titan on again!

Anyway scan is sending me a new part, but wont get here until tuesday! grrr the day I go back to work, now I have to wait until next weekend to do it again *sighs*, sorry just felt like complaining.

Anyway the mounting is quite an easy process bar the faulty thread.

Last edited: 16 Sep 2011
  2. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

Hey guys, just to finish off, got the part on Friday as Scans standard post is second class.

Mounted the H60 and everythings fine, it looks good, is quiet and reduced my temps by 10 degrees. With the Titan the CPU was idling around 50c and now 40c with the H60. This is with a very slight OC to 4ghz.

I used the Corsair fan with the h60 as the Gentle Typhoon I bough is not PVM. So now looking for a good 120mm fan that works well with the H60 and is PVM controlled. Does any one have any ideas for this?

Also I was thinking of mounting a second Fan in Push-Pull configuration however my CPU 8pin power cable is in the way for a 2nd FAN, unless it is a slim one. Once again can anyone suggest a good slim 120mm fan??

Thanks for all your help guys!!