1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google releases Android source code

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Oct 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. War-Rasta

War-Rasta What's a Dremel?

Sounds pretty interesting to me. Not so thrilled about granting google rights to commercially exploit any changes made to it but I still think we will be seeing a lot of interesting features in the near future.

3. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Well, at least this means the killswitch can be removed.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

YAY FOR OPEN SOURCE!!!

5. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

time to take that code and make a yahoo version of the os

6. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I've read some reviews concerning Android and the G1 Mobile Phone that is currently using it. And I have to say, some of these reviewers seem to have totally missed the point of Android. I keep reading that a downside to the G1/Android is the lacking Exnchange Syncing features found most other Smartphones/Iphone. Yet...if I recall (and I will do some digging for the article) someone has already released a 3rd Party App on the Andorid Marketplace that will enable the phone to sync Outlook contacts.

Please, whoever at Bit-Tech does a review on a smartphone releasing over in Europe with Android, remember that what the phone may lack out of the box, might potentially have available for downloaded already by a 3rd Party Developer.

Tags: Add Tags