1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JPClyde, 10 Apr 2012.

1. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

Haven't played any PvE bar to level 8 in the Human area, don't want to spoil all the DE's.

Played quite a few games in the new sPvP tournament mode. It's by far the most fun I've had in PvP in any MMO ever. The first two games you play are against pretty medicore teams though but the final match up is always fun atleast. Hopefully they add some kind of rating to tournament teams so you're matched up against others of similar level. It got abit annoying just steam rolling the first two teams.

The beta ran worse for me this weekend though. Couldn't get above 12fps on my laptop on minimum settings when last time I ran on high settings at 40fps+.

2. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Game runs great for me. If anything I wish there were even higher settings :p Even in the first beta weekend it was super slick with everything on max. Looks great though, beautiful game. When it first started this weekend (on the Friday) I was crashing about once per hour and getting some disconnects from the server too. It was a bit concerning. But they did some patches and by the Saturday the game was pretty stable. Then more patches, and by Sunday I would say it was perfect. I played all day without a single crash or anything.

I have leveled up 3 characters to about level 10 now, and one character to 32. I was glad to see that even when you make a new character in the same area, it's a different experience because there are different events going on all around you all the time. Sometimes you decide to not do it, sometimes you do, and even when you do one you've done before, it can be different.

I was disappointed last time because some of the portals to the next zones had a big red X in them saying closed off for this demo. But once I reached a certain level, they all became open!! So I ended up visiting every zone the game had to offer which for the beta weekend seems to be about 10 zones or so. It's cool because even at level 20 ish you can go to the starting area for some other race and start doing the quests from level 1, and it just scales your character down to the same level. So it's still a real challenge but you are still gaining exp for your real level.

Such an epic game.

3. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

So who is going to play this Wednesday? :) We get a stress test, only lasts about 4 hours or something, but I'm hoping I can play a load of PVP games, maybe do another run of that cool dungeon if there is time.

4. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

i will be stuck at work...yay.

i dont get why they do these so-called "stress tests" during the middle of a workday, when most people wont be able to log in.

5. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

Time Zone differences?

6. Wicked_Sludge

im in the same time zone as Arenanet. im about 80 miles from their office :D

7. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

My friends are in the same boat. :( Sucks for yall.

But I'm sure they have their reasons. I read people saying that they don't even need many people for stress tests, and most likely they simulate population. And no doubt they just calculate it too. You know if 1000 people logged in uses up X server resources and Y bandwidth, then they know that 100,000 people just needs 100 times that. Or whatever :p

But whatever, they seem to know what they are doing because my first beta weekend sucked, and I couldn't even log in on the friday at all. And the second beta weekend was pretty flawless. I just hope the game gets released soon, I want to play it for realsies!

8. Smellyhead

Smellyhead Minimodder

9. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Finally! I started getting a few concerns about the gameplay near the end of yesterdays stress test :( But I hope that once the finished game comes along I'll be able to get hooked properly, without all the limitations of beta.

10. hoochy

hoochy Need moar cooling

Frustratingly I have not played in any of the beta's but from what I have read, seen etc.. I really cannot wait for this to come out. Roll on August!

11. Professor Chaox

Professor Chaox What's a Dremel?

Awesome and another Beta weekend announced for the 20th July, devestated I am likely to miss it. Awesome news for everyone else though.

12. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah couldn't play the stress test either.. might just use the next beta to come up with names and stuff- then hopefully I can reserve my one word names at the 3 day headstart

13. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

was looking through my screens and came across this- it's like the sea witch wearing underwear even though she's a mermaid.. why does anet have to cover up the private parts? I wouldn't mind some lion balls or maybe some crotch options- like you could be stuff down there.. like a bulge slider or something

[​IMG]

14. Wicked_Sludge

image is 404'd for me...

15. silky

silky What's a Dremel?

Lol. I saw someone on another forum talking about how he would prefer it not be called Guild Wars 2 and to have some other name. It just makes me think, you know a game is really good when peoples only complaints are its name and the lack of mermaid privates. :D

16. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

need to order this, anyone know the best place to pick it up?

17. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Depends on which version you want. I just grabbed a standard from Amazon. Came as a code on a card but it a proper DVD case lol, it has granted me access to beta weekends and early access though. This is that version. I didn't think it was worth it paying 20 quid for a couple of in game bits of little to no use. The collectors is awesome but I'm not paying £120+ for any game ever.

18. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Cheers man pre-ordered from there now.

19. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Prepare for your jaw to drop a fair bit come the last beta weekend. If you're a seasoned MMOer you'll be amazed, never has an MMO grabbed me so much so quickly.

20. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Hopefully I get the code of amazon in time for the last beta weekend.