1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Halo 2 Vista delayed due to nudity?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 May 2007.

1. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

ESRB have released more details Joe:

link

Or in other words, when you get an error in the map editor (hinting that there's a map editor bundled?) you'll get a naked ass!

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yea, there's a map editor bundled. I'm gonna go try it :hehe:

3. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

What a load of crap!

4. DarkLord7854

I don't see the error :(

5. mayakovski

mayakovski 10" blade with a 5/8" arbor.

All I can say is thank god for bit torrent because this sure is not worth paying money for.

Let's see:
    2 year old graphics - Check
    2 year old intro - Check
    2 year old sounds - Check
    exact same game play as original - Check

Charging full retail price with a straight face - Priceless.

6. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Wrong. Find me a single case of violent school shootings in the US where violent videogames contributed in any way or reason for the suspects motivation to commit murder. Then, try to explain how seeing a boob on TV would have prevented such an act. You can't because people don't shoot up schools for stupid reasons like violent videogames and breasts on TV aren't the solution to the worlds problems.

Germany heavily censors violent content in their games and television and is more open sexually than the US and they have had their fair share of school shootings. While I find the seemingly "fear of nudity" in the mainstream media in the US to be silly, making broad statements such as that is pretty dumb. Also, there have been plenty of recent games with nudity in them such as God of War I and II. They even had sex mini games. It's not a matter of "America" censoring content, it's a matter of the ESRB rating being accurate and developers being forthcoming with what they have in their game. If the back of the box on GoW didn't say "Nudity and Strong Sexual Content" and then someone played the game and saw all the tits and sex the ESRB would be the one to take the blame when a bunch of uptight soccer moms decided to sue them.

See, the ESRB has to maintain its credibility and decrease its chances of being sued by some uptight soccer mom. If they let anything slide then people will start to question the validity of the group and eventually what we'll end up with is something much worse. The reason they are getting so strict on the developers is because they need to be able to cover their asses when something pops up in the game that wasn't previously there.

I'd much rather keep the ESRB the way it is now and deal with their strictness than have some politically charged special interest group in charge of dealing with game ratings. Trust me, the strictness of the ESRB is MUCH better than what a lot of people would like to see.

Last edited: 25 May 2007
  7. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

Personal taste I guess.. my only point was there *is* a reason why people will like playing Halo 2 on a PC vs spending more money and getting a Xbox if they didnt have one already.

8. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

But MS seems to do everything to make gamers get annoyed, don't they? ;)

9. DarkLord7854

10. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

11. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Lol, well I guess technically it is partial nudity. Lol, who thought putting that there would be a good idea?

12. DarkLord7854

The map editor is a direct copy from the bungie labs

13. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

I love the excuses for delays.

Next up: Halo 2 for Windows delayed due to upsetting arrangement of toiletries in the 4th floor washroom at Redmond.

Are they rewriting the game? I thought it was just a port!

14. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Which means in all likelhood it'll be buggy, difficult to use and overly complicated. In my experience in-house map building software aren't designed to be stable, or work very well, they just need to get the job done prior to release, very rarely are they actually any good compared to stuff desgined to be used by the public. I'm not saying all map editors shipped with games are bad, they're not when they're desgined to be used by the public, but if it's a carbon copy of the software Bungie used, it means it's not 0eben designed for public use, and therefor probably will be rather hard to use.

15. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

lmao!

Tags: Add Tags