1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Halo Wars 2 coming to Xbox One and PC, Fall 2016

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by JakeTucker, 4 Aug 2015.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

2. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

If we could have the entire halo catalogue on PC that would be great...

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

ditto, +1, etc.

Love the Halo story/universe just cant justify a xbone just to get my Halo fix...

4. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Indeed! When my 360 had its 3rd RROD I didn't bother replacing it, think the last thing I played was ODST : (

5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This +infinity!

6. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

Waiting for the "Windows 10 exclusive" announcement to ruin it.

I liked the first game on PC, not so much Halo 2. Haven't played any of the rest.

7. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

I thought the original Halo was kinda fun on Microsofts console but I was already ruined by the freedom of mouse and keyboard controls on PCs, so I never really got a decent chance to enjoy it.

I had no idea Halo had a PC release! I have got 1 Halo game on Steam, but no idea which version it is.

I agree, your Win10 exclusive comment is no doubt incoming :wallbash:

Screw Win10/Xbox exclusive gaming tbh. Although looking forward to playing DirectX 12 games through Steam.

8. somidiot

somidiot Minimodder

They only gave Halo 1 and 2 a PC release as far as the core games go AFAIK. 3 and later have never been ported to PC. Probably because Halo 2 took a beating because of the politics of it being a Vista exclusive (even though people ended up cracking it to play on XP with minimal changes) and the not as good gameplay, according to many. I dug the first game out of mothballs recently when they released a patch so you could play it at 4K. Of course I don't have a 4k monitor but I do like DSR on my GTX 970 :-3. I think it still looks pretty good after all these years. If you enjoyed the story and gameplay but didn't like the controller scheme then I'd say see if you can pick up a copy.

Doesn't look like any of the core franchise is on steam, just the spinoffs. I looked at one once but it got mediocre to bad reviews and decided not to get it.

Tags: Add Tags