1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Heroes : The next big hit series

Discussion in 'General' started by Solidus, 5 Oct 2006.

1. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

I wish that I had an answer to all of your questions - I wish that there were no problems with this mostly fantastic series, but I don't.

I can however, respond to this one question.

Hiro is very mindful of making drastic changes to the timestream. I think that this is something that he would not do.

2. nicotine

nicotine What's a Dremel?

Yeah didn't you see Back to the Future, he could have accidentally created a 2007A.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

What a sodding letdown....
    They get closer and closer to it for about 5 episodes and then its over in a few minutes... It wasn't even an exciting few minutes.

It could have been great, everything was setting up nicely. A load of heroes all in the same place all about to kick some **** out of Sylar. I thought it was just about to hot up when niki clouted the ******* round the noggin with that pole and I was ready for some serious ass kicking with cool effects and flying people etcetera etcetera.... but instead they all got chatting.

Also, why the hell didn't peter just fly his little self away?

Oh and one more rant... Claire can regenerate if she gets even the most sever of injuries, the only thing stopping her from regenerating is when something severs her spinal column..... Now to me that says that her brain has to be intact for her to do so... or is all her power in her spinal column? However this is clearly not the case as jumping from any height onto ones thinking muscle doesn't do it much good. Let alone severe radiation or jumping out of 10th story buildings. So what does she actually have to fear from someone taking apart her brain? She can just re-generate.

Another rant; The shape shifting person.... in a few episodes she has implied that she is in fact a bit of a fatty and that she hides this with her abilities... So why didn't she become her true self when she was unconscious?

grrrrrrr

4. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

I agree with your main point, but the other bits do have a valid explaination:

Claire's power comes from her brain, the reason she didn't heal with the branch through her neck is that it separated her brain from the rest of her body.

Peter was having enough trouble trying to control ted's power without attempting to fly as well.

Candice (the illusionist) never actually said she was fat, just "how do you know [the fat black woman] isn't the real me?"

The last scene could have been so much cooler...
    Peter and sylar go all fire vs ice, maybe even levitating (flying vs TK) as bennet and parkman fire on sylar from both sides... Hiro not quite stopping time but speeding himself up and running round trying to find an opening with the sword. This continues until Niki catches Sylar unawares with a parking meter thrown like a club and sends him halfway across the plaza, flying until his looks shocked and falls right at the feet of Haitian who then starts beating on him until Hiro finally does his run and lunge thing, unfortunately also shish-kebabing the Haitian who is holding him still. Peter starts glowing as his emotions get out of control, but all nearby guns are out of bullets so all Claire can do is run to him and hug him, until Nathan swoops down, gives the speech and soars off again.

Damn I should be a scriptwriter :rock:

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

two problems:
    actually choreographing that
    actually writing the script

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I prefer DarkReapers ending.

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

So if her brain gets smooshed then she dies... Surely that includes jumping out of buildings?

Fair enough.

In the scene with mica in the apartment she clearly implies that she is really a fatty and that she was bullied and thats why she's a bad guy.

8. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

I have to say, after a rather exciting series, with many twists and turns, that ending was a real let down, it had so much potential, but just didnt deliver,
    i mean parkman almost immediately taking ~8 rounds and nikki cowering in the corner with mika and his dad.

So does this mean that Nathan has died? unless he managed to get high enough and let go before peter went nuclear...
    the opening for the second series looks promising :D

9. DarkReaper

Depends on how she lands - if she pulled a Tomb-Raideresque swan dive onto concrete (was I the only one to make her do that?) then maybe but a full-body landing then probably not

10. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Dissapointing ending.

Yes present Hiro is frustrating, but we can see from future Hiro that he has a masive character arc to follow and that will happen later.

Is Hiro going to be his own hero by becoming the legendary samurai from history who he idolises?

11. Cuban

Cuban What's a Dremel?

It was mentioned that he only became like that because of Ando's Death, know that Ando isnt dead i wouldnt have thought he will still become that character

12. Fod

the universe has a way of course correcting...

13. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Really made me groan when saw Sylar dissapearing down sewer. Thought the series would be better than doing that kind of predictable stretch-out rubbish.

14. Fod

dude, it's based on comic books. the villains never die!

15. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

There are other villains in the series so it should'nt just continually focus on just one guy imo; should of let him die and then moved on.

16. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

True. But -
    he's now in another extreme situation. Who's to say he won't develop now because of this set of challenging circumstances.

17. Xlixen

Xlixen What's a Dremel?

The ending was a let down, But I think it could have been worse. The series as a whole was awesome though.

18. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

LOL looking at this thread i made and looking back to my prediction :)

I knew this one would be big :D

Shame it went a little wild near the end.

19. DarkReaper

Who's keeping up with America?

Episodes 7 and 8 were bloody awesome: "Shall we save the world?"

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tags: