1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors I don't know if I should laugh or cry

Discussion in 'General' started by smashie, 29 Jun 2005.

1. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

scrolling up is kind of like travelling back through time. but you know what, its not nearly as dangerous. :thumb:

2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

You would think so? A stupid ricer is always more dangerus with a tiny car and No HP than someone sane that has serious power under the bonnet as you guys say. Dangerus is a state of mind not the machinery.

3. MaplinMan

yes that why volcanoes are dangerous, because they have a state of mind...

danger is a threat in the environment. it doesnt matter if the danger is from machinery or a person with a dangerous mind. i hate the way most americans think that just because something is a phase it automatically becomes 100% true. most of the time its just movie slogans from the 80's...

and anyway what the hell are you even talking about? i was trying to say if you scroll up and read the answer to your little theory it wouldnt be dangerous for you. just nevermind :D

ok seriously tho, i think danger is more to do with what is happening than anything else. are you saying you would rather be ran over by a small 'stupid ricer' with an attitude problem than a big ol 59.9litre engine mustang driven by some 80's rocker that thinks hes mature because he had to sell his guitars...

4. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

[mildlyofftopic] Its like the People vs. Twats in 4x4's debate [/mot]

5. 2800@2.5ghz

2800@2.5ghz What's a Dremel?

is Darth Vader drving that car.........

6. jaguarking11

dude almost anything can be dangerus in the wrong hands. Because you have 600-1000 bhp on your car dosent mean your likely to do more damage than some idiot in a little tiny car. Your potential is there but the person behind the weel may actualy respect the machinery and not push it.

ANyway.

Guns dont kill people, people kill people. :D

7. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST, what next?? friggen morons, "0MG W0WZ3R MY N0V4 GOES PSSSST !!!!!11111ONEONETWOBBQ"

8. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

that stuff is just freaking stupid. some people should have their ablitiy to create stuff revoted. now when i'm driving around in my Bro's Father in Laws 65 Barracuda i not only have to listen to some van sound like the car but have some little ricer with $4200 into extiror and interir astecics make a fake turbo sound!!! what is this world coming too? everyone wants to make something and these crack head guys get these stupid ideas for these cheap wanna-bee stuff then the guys with the real harware are embarassd to drive on the same street. this is truly pathtic, how long till people will start putting pictures of models on their windows to try and make it seem like someone good looking is in the car. all these people should be taken to some remote island and left their. Kudos to the guys accutally that have the courage to try and make some of this stuff and sell it.

Prodigy

9. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

Well since you mention it
    [​IMG]

10. ¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ?

¿þŘΩĐĮĢΫ? What's a Dremel?

All hell has broken loose
    just wait for car vinals that change the type of car it is :p
    (i forgot about that pic)

Prodigy

11. jaguarking11

Well ricers tend to change badges too.

Ricers are idiots that create bad situations for the rest of the people. Everytime I see a rice mobile it always has primer (from repairing a carsh) or lots of dents. Even both. Those guys cant park their cars properly and try to drive fast in little pos cars.

The world has gone to hell.

Last edited: 3 Jul 2005
  12. MaplinMan

damn ricers, when will they stop being so unpatriotic driving around in their little communist compacts with their 'turbos' and their 'nitrous' and their 'stereos'.

you know what really pisses me off? tinted windows. and neons. they put neons under their cars so you look at them, then when you look at them they have tinted windows so you cant see them!

i think a few months in camp x ray and they will be driving classic american cars again. hell they will probably even put a flag out the window too... pfft, 'gas milage'... whats that all about anyway?!

13. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

And you drive???????

I started this thread because it made me laugh, I was honest to god laughing my ass off when I read the article. It seems to have turned into some kind of "ricers are the scum of the earth and should be shot on sight" thread. It's all down to perspective IMO, I have a Lian Li with led's and a MO display, people take the piss out the money I've spent on my 'pooter to make it look different (ok it's quite fast as well, but not by the standards of other peoples around here).

Now back to the cars, cubic inches rock :rock: there is no real substitue for them. Back in the world out side of America, where running a car is expensive beyond comprehension (and selling your best mates granny is discussed). CI's don't work. £1 a litre is going to happen real soon, diesel cars are outselling petrol as far as fleet (company) cars go. Therefore, turbo cars rock :rock:

I would still like to own my Opel Manta 400 and my Daimler Double 6, but I can't, so I'll live with a Ford Focus and a Ducati Monster M600.

Please feel free to tear me to shreds but circumstances dictate what I drive.

Back to the point, talking to a mate in the pub a few weeks ago, his son has just passed his test and bought a car, (corsa I think,1.1l) The insurance TPF&T is more than the car is worth. He may well fit one of these dodgy, sounds nice, dump valve simulators. It won't make his car go any faster, it will fool a few of a his friends. He won't hurt anybody by fitting it. His Corsa will still be slow and he will still drive like a ********, it's what new drivers (not driving their parents car do, IT'S THE LAW).

What pleases some people, irritates the hell out of others, life goes on and dump or presure release valves are to stop the turbo stalling therefore reducing lag whilst going up through the gears and improving performance. Although as coolmiester has said it's done via a re-circulating setup on all production cars, as atmospheric dump would break every emmisions rule pretty much everywhere.

G'night and god bless

edited 'coz my speeling is rubbish

Last edited: 4 Jul 2005
  14. MaplinMan

yeh but if your friend did that he would first have to admit to himself that he is a boy racer wannabe that will lie and fit fake parts to his care in an effort to fill the hollowness in his soul.

but at end of the day if it keeps ******s busy then id rather hear the occassional 'PISHHHHH' than be asked by 10 townies for a ***/10p everytime i go out so i like this product :D

15. jaguarking11

I like large motors but I see no problem in a small motor either. And ricers tend to be more like your chavs you guys rave about. I respect allot of smaller motor cars, vwgolf gti with the 1.8T engine. Early gen supras are respectable. dodge nenon srt4, the list can go on.

I have nothing against what size engine they use I just have a big discust of bean can muflers, noise polution that sounds like a lawnmower. them removing catalitic converters and disconecting muflers. The list can go on, not to mention the trash talking they do. Being a ricer has nothing to do with the type of car you drive and everything to do with the atitude and what you do to your car... you guys seem to miss that.

16. jaguarking11

That prespective I can respect. And I understand your situation. It wasent so long that I was in the same boat as you guys. I guess I have to remember my past.

The point I was trying to make is that young tenagers add these kinds of things to their cars and drive dangerusly. They take unecesary risks and put the rest of us in danger. It is almost unavoidable that I go out and see those boy racers with crushed up front ends, primered cars, and ocasionaly a parked car with a crushed up rear because one of these idiots has hit a parked car and you know it was one of them because pices of crappy bodykits are left behind and lots of clear glass. These ricers are the reason why people like me pay high insurance rates. Point being it dosent only give them useless equipment but it also gives them an atitude to do stupid things.

I guess I have ranted too mutch and I am sure you guys dont see my point because you have to live it to understand it.

17. MaplinMan

youre right tho

18. sco0by

sco0by Mmm pie.

Ye gods that thing is more expensive than an actual dump valve! :p

19. MaplinMan

yeh i know what you mean man. but what about like old mustangs and stuff they dont have cat converters and they sound like tanks too

from what i saw on the local 'circuit' or whatever it was called (some area of town where the racers went at night) when i was on holiday in the usa its basically just a status thing.

before 9/11 if you raved on about american cars youd just look like a redneck, but now its your patriotic duty to prefer american cars etc etc (not YOU specifically but you know what i mean)

we got the same thing here but our chavs are poorer than your ricers i spose, so its not even about highly tuned jap engines its more like a crummy british car with a 'phat' body kit and exhaust like u were on about

come to think of it i wish they gave government grants to chavs for their cars so we wouldnt have to put up with this ******** :idea:

20. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

Tags: