1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel preps 45nm quad-core for launch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 Sep 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

Thats pretty cheap honestly. These to be about 300 dollars more.

3. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i wanna see Agena-core!! :D

then ill decide between Agena or Penryn. Yorkfield is too expensive for something to hold until Penryn comes along.........

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

Yorkfield is a desktop version of Penryn ;)

5. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

mmmmm $266 overclockable quad *drools* Maybe next gen PC gaming wont cost as much as I thought.

6. DarkSynergy

DarkSynergy What's a Dremel?

with such a disparity between the QX9650 and the Q9550, it's almost a no brainer for all but the most extreme of gamers/overclockers/obscenely rich. The Q9550 or the Q9450 is where I am looking.

7. revlob

revlob What's a Dremel?

Gah, this couldn't come at a worse time. Well, it's great news, but I'm planning on building a new system in the next few weeks, and I was set on getting a Q6600. It looks like the Q9450 will be released in Janurary at a similar price to the Q6600 is now. Perhaps I should just get a Q6600 and sell it a few weeks before the Q9450 release, and hope it keeps its value...

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

sweet

revlob you could buy a E4300 and then upgrade to a Q9450

9. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

been thinking about the q6600 myself but something putting me off, if i can just fend off this need to spend money just for the sake of it then perhaps my trusty old 4800x2 will see me through untill the penryns come out

10. Queelis

Queelis What's a Dremel?

Won't the Q9300 have only 6 megs of L2 cache?

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

you guys, don't forget for affordable (eg q6600 prices) Penryns, it'd probably take at least 9 month IMHO

12. boynoing

boynoing What's a Dremel?

what we need to do it is just wait uint it comes out. really look forward with this.

13. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

Pain in the butt, really. I was hoping to build a nice X38/whatever NVIDIA comes out with system, along with a nice new Penryn/Yorkfield/quad-core Intel. The problem is that I need to have it arrive before December 30. I guess I'll just buy everything I need except for the processor, and then when they come out spend the money and assemble. Bleh, silly Intel. At least the processors will kick so much butt...

14. inflatable

inflatable What's a Dremel?

I always say, never buy the most expensive CPU, but always the one just under.. They are usually much cheaper, and very easy overclockable to be faster then the most expensive ones..

With that in mind, the 2.66GHz Q9450 looks like the best deal to me.. Unless you settle for dualcore, then the 3.00GHz E8400 looks good..

15. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

that shows the customer never wins in the waiting game.

the thing i don't get is that it's not native quad core. so if one's already got q6600 clocked at 3.6, what's the point getting a Q9450?

16. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Less heat?

17. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

im totally confused with all these names...

Article said Penryn's Desktop will come early 2008.. yes Yorkfile is out in November. so Yorkfile is a quad-core thats not Penryn's desktop's version.
    but Penryn's dual-core version will be out November too. Wolfdale.

so Yorkfile is the quad version of Wolfdale's, but Wolfdale is Penryn's dual's desktop version but Yorkfile is not Penryn's Quad desktop version.

so Penryn's a non-desktop version that comes out next year.... but ...

pfffft................. >_<

anybody wanna explain to me in Layman's terms?

coz being a biased AMD fan, all im waiting is AMD's native quad. im not even sure when will that comes out, but thats what i want. or at least waiting to see some results before my next purchase. i *think* the quad will be called Agena, and the dual will be called Kuma. not sure when will those 2 comes out.

18. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Here is what it is, Yorkfield is desktop quadcores, Wolfdale is desktop dualcores. The stuff coming in 2008 is supposed to be "
    Mainstream editions of Yorkfield will launch sometime in January with a vague January 2nd through 20th listing from Intel. " As in, non Extreme CPUs, just what most people would be able to afford, normal desktop CPUs.

19. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Curse the advancement of computer tech! My new rig is dated already...

20. Namusetae

Namusetae Let's go get our Tinfoil hats

I was thinking of buying a quad core soon but now it seems I have to wait till 'early 2008' to buy one, well I'm not in a hurry so I can wait few months more. Seems that I'm not getting Q6600 after all. Q9450 seems to be in the price range I was thinking, so that would be my choice of weapon.

Tags: Add Tags