1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel shows off Classmate PC at IDF

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 18 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I like that note-taking gadget.. very smart. I realise they're wanting maximum running time and/or to cut costs, but a 1024x768 screen would suit better and it would benefit from at least some L2 cache, rather than none at all.

3. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

I've been watching with interest since the inception of the '100$ laptop' . What I've always wondered is what happens to all the old technology we have finished with, and why there is a need, if any to produce more computer in the first place? CPUs from just a few years back would do exactly the same thing as these new units. Indeed how many regular readers of Bit-Tech have bags of old stuff, graphics, mbs, cpus etc? We could have a yearly pool of this stuff and make machines to send to poor areas of the world?

4. fev

fev Industry Fallout

hmm the back cover could be personalised in a school environment, logo, student name and the such

i have a cunning scheme

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

fixed :)

I agree with the above. Even a mobile Celeron is enough to run XP.

6. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

surely that could have chucked 512mb of ram in, how many years has it been since 512mb was the stock config of dell and the like

Tags: Add Tags