1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Is it me, or is Bit-Tech more boring since it got bought?

Discussion in 'General' started by Otto69, 15 Feb 2009.

1. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

This isn't strictly a "rant". But for the past month or two I've just found less compelling articles on Bit Tech. Is this a result of a) no useful industry news, b) I need to get a life, or c) BitTech has gotten less interesting since they got bought up last year?

2. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I'm going to say it's due to the industry, I don't know how the economy is effecting the PC hardware industry but it probably isn't good, therefore the manufacturers probably aren't risking bringing out more new stuff.
    Plus, the time of year may have something to do with it.

3. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

B).

Me too though :)

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Also, they've lost Brett (the Modding article guy) and so don't have anyone yet to take it up full time.

5. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

I knew there was someone missing! Couldn't quite place it

6. Rum&Coke

Rum&Coke What's a Dremel?

yeah man, bit tech SOLD OUT

7. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Can't agree more...

8. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

I'm kinda hoping that the repeated statements of "we have lots of things in the pipeline now we have Dennis' resources to play with" produces something more than crap advertising sometime soon. cos currently it does seem we are getting less and putting up with more.

9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It feels like the forum has gone downhill too (although there are always people saying that).

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Well, merging of companies often require quite a bit of resources. Especially in the beginning. Let's face it, the BT crew isn't very big, and they can't hire people just for a short period. That would lead to bankruptcy very quickly.

I wouldn't worry too much. We have seen this before (Forum changes anyone?) and it all works out in the end.

11. wgy

wgy What's a Dremel?

A constant source of "nice things" or "treats" will soon loose its appeal.

A higher standard like the once "great" (BT in this case) will become mundane or just another part of your routine.

its called being spoilt. :)

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

It's the people that make the forum... you and I write it's content :)

As for the web site, tbh, you can only review what's there to review. Considering we're in the grip of the worst recession in ages, I think we're doing OK.

13. §§...

§§... What's a Dremel?

was a long time lurker till i joined, and honestly i think the forums are not as interesting and intellectually entertaining as they used to be (though we're prob. to blame as forum members) but that's what drew me to bit-tech, even though i dont post much, i enjoy reading them, esp. the serious section, which has somehow become less appealing.

as for content of articles, i've always held BT articles in high regard, and the quality doesnt seem to have degraded to me, and dont think they've sold out... it's changing with the times, and it takes time to adjust to the change (i do miss the good ol days...)

BT is still :thumb:

14. Otto69

Otto69 What's a Dremel?

A very good point. Thank you.

15. RTT

RTT #parp

16. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

Im gonna vote its because of the new layout with too many forums having been stuffed together.

17. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

This one is a bit harsh, don't you think? Especially considering the work the BT crew are doing when it come to try to speak the members cause wen it comes to InteliTXT ads.

18. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

I think he might have been joking dude :)

19. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

I've been noticing the same thing. But instead of a problem with BT, I think its a problem with the users. I look through the forum and find only a few threads that interest me instead of a the 10-15+ that I used to find. I feel this is only a temporary burn out though, things will pick back up again.

20. Matticus

Matticus ...

I think that is perhaps because I have been using it less and less because I have been more and more busy doing work, and playing games.

Don't worry I will be back on soon and all will be well.

I seem to be having more to read on bit tech recently reviews and articles seem to come out more often (though that may be a perspective thing as I am checking the site less per day). I think the news section should perhaps stand out a bit more, I think a lot of people don't really see it as clearly as the main articles and reviews so just miss out.