1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Junction Boxes

Discussion in 'Modding' started by DSquareD, 11 Oct 2007.

1. DSquareD

DSquareD What's a Dremel?

Does anyone here know how to make junction boxes (like used by G-Nome and DAE_JA_VOO in their mods Orac3 and Epiphany respectively)?
    Is there a link or thread that explains how they are made and/or how they work?

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Its simple enough, you just need a connector type that will work for your application, and then its just a case of wiring up connectors in a box, and attaching connectors to the devices (fans, etc) in question. Maybe take a look at the modular PSU guide that was done a few weeks ago.

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2007/09/21/building_a_modular_psu/1

Make a good plan and be sure to not wire it up wrong or else your stuff might go pop.

3. DSquareD

so then which is a better choice? 2 PSUs or 1 PSU with enough junction boxes...my mod is going to have a few fans and switches and LEDs and such so its gonna be quite powered up so im considering havin a PSU for components like my CPU and hardware and another PSU for things like fans, water cooling, LEDS, etc...
    wot u think?
    i just like the idea of junction boxes coz of the look...

4. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Silliness. Just get a quality strong PSU and everything will be fine. Fans + LEDs + switches, even if you had ungodly numbers of them, would draw less than a CD drive still. As long as you have a 600w or more PSU you'll never have to worry about having too many blinkenlights.

5. DSquareD

i guess so...jus thought coz of cable wise im not sure if i wanna go for the orac3 look of messy cables every where or completely cut that out and stealth my cables altogether...i was thinkin that using one PSU wud require me to add on alot more wiring and such and so forth...where as two PSUs wud allow more wires but not nearly as many as wud come out if i had to solder more onto a single PSU (makes sense in my head ok...)
    and besides wich i cant afford a 600W PSu so unless u can hook me up with one or sum1 can sponsor me one im gonn have to rough it with the ones i got...