1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. bodkin

bodkin Overheating

[​IMG]

Easily one of my favourite games ever!

Mik3yB @ CCL likes this.
  2. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Just bought The Witcher and Blood 2 for $7.98 from GOG.com.

3. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Sofa + Love Seat set
    3pc Coffee/end table set
    washer/dryer set
    5pc table and chairs set
    bedframe (with drawers)
    dresser w/ mirror
    2 night tables
    queen mattress

very exciting and can't wait for it to be delivered when we get the house. but it feels rather scary to spend so much money

4. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

2TB Hard drive.
    A book on basic biology.
    Skyrim pre-order.
    Contents insurance.

5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

[​IMG]

PowerMac G5
    Dual 1.8ghz
    3gb ram
    160gb Harddrive
    OSX 10.5.8

£130 :)

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Looks to be in great condition... I are jealous! Ebay purchase or? Health to enjoy!

I'm watching a few 2011 Mac Mini's on eBay at the moment, but also considering scrapping the idea of buying one and going for a 2011 MBP at Christmas...

Last edited: 16 Oct 2011
  7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Thats not the actual picture of it sadly because the seller used those generic ones on the net but it sounds to be in top condition of ebay they have alot around on there.

I was after a mini just so it could sit in a nook in the desk but when considering the spec difference i decided to just go for this powermac seems to have a nice amount of power behind it for a very good price.

I would have liked to have gotten something with the intel chips but its alright just for what i want :)

I actually looked back into macs recently not realizing the macbook no longer exists £999 for the base MBP is quite appealing but my current laptop is doing me fine atm :)

Its my first proper venture into the mac world (i played with a 5 minutes with an imac g3 till it died) but now this is a fairly capable machine

8. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Man, I love those G5s.

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Bought a rather nice SuperDry polo shirt. £49 shirt for £20. Not going to complain.

10. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

2 Cheap Prince Squash Racquets (I belive them to be TF series... both in yellow) for the missus and myselfg
    3 Dunlop 2-yellow dot squash balls (I wanted Blue/Red/White dot, but couldn't find them - it was like everyone only stocked 2-yellow)
    2 Water bottles
    Petrol for the car
    Lunch at a restaurant yesterday because I wasn't keen on cooking
    1 8GB graphite iPod Nano for the missus as a 4-Anniversary pressie on Wednesday
    900GBP of Direction hair dye for the missus's new business
    1 booking at the Hilton Hotel for dinner tomorrow (again - Aniversary coming up, and I am on business trip from Wednesday morning)

Coming up this month still (if all goes well):
    Forza Motorsport 4
    1 LG BD670 Blu-Ray player
    2 Optical Audio leads

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD for PS3. I've been after this since the first video popped up on PSN many moons ago.

I'd forgotten how hard SotC was and how long each 'level' takes to do - I hope I manage to get past number 8 this time round. I'd also forgotten about the crap camera and funky controls. The graphics do look a lot cleaner and sharper and it plays very smoothly.

12. stonedsurd

Aren't double yellows safer (assuming you play without eye protection)? I used to play with a single yellow dot, although the the blues were a real hoot if one was just practicing by oneself.

I really miss squash :( Racquetballs is such rubbish.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The balls are rated based on "speed" and bouncyness.

Bounciest/fastest to slowest (edited for accuracy):
    Blue
    Red
    White/Green
    Yellow
    Double Yellow
    Orange

I can play with double yellow fine, but for beginners they actually recommend blue/red, simply because they don't need as much effort to get to bounce. Also, thanks to that, they tend to be harder to play in "@sshole-mode", i.e. getting them to touch the front wall and then just drop.

So yes, the speed can be considered an isue, but it's offset by the bouncyness.
    Around here (high altitude), a double yellow is a competition ball.

Edit again:
    Yes, often Eye protection is used in serious play, since 200km/h + in the eye is going to hurt... nevermind what a racquet to the face is going to do...

Last edited: 17 Oct 2011
  14. stonedsurd

Oh, I know. My cousin used to delight in sending blue-dots rocketing into me from around the court. Used to end every summer covered in bruises. :D

I just feel like both speeds (high/low) offer a different style of play to choose from - make this next shot too quick to counter (fast) or too hard to reach (drop at the wall)? I don't think either mode is more a-hole than the other. Get enough heat into a double-yellow an she gets pretty quick too.

15. Unicorn

Ah, I see. I hate sellers who use stock photos for 2nd hand items :-/

My next Mac will also be my first in a long time (Had an iMac G4 for a very brief time and a Performa 5200 way back in the late 90's) and I'm looking forward to it immensely. The Mini is very affordable, but not practical for me at the moment. I don't need another desktop, I need to get rid of one if anything. What I actually need is a decent laptop. I haven't had a brand new one for 5 years now, and have been through a slew of 2nd hand ones that I've bulked up with upgrades in that time. The MBP, whilst really expensive in comparison to the Mini, is the sensible option for me at the moment, so I'm going to hold off until Christmas time and get it through Apples SME scheme :)

16. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Forza 4, couple of inkjet cartridges and got meself an HTC Desire S for my phone upgrade..

Next up will most likely be a couple of 1.5TB+ hard drives to move all my data onto before upgrading to something a bit more worthy

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

There's the isssue right there: While a mate and myself can in fact get good heat into a double yellow, the respective better halfes just can't.
    In casual play that we have amongst us, a red/blue whould be perfect, as it doesn't get all that messed up when cold. It's a Beginner's ball, so to speak...

That being all said, It seems I first have to teach the better half how to hold a racquet, though... she holds them SO weird...

18. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Don't worry, there f***king awesome, we have them for work.

Laser is the best bit...;D

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

XL Bacon double cheese.

Stop hating hater.

20. Unicorn

[Massive] Large cappuccino to go.
    Large choc chip muffin.

Stop hating hater :p

Train food/stay awake fuel. Not finished for the night just yet *yawn* Still a few more things to do when I get in.