1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Looking for a new wireless mouse, could use some input.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by simon_C, 8 Sep 2012.

1. simon_C

simon_C Minimodder

Currently, I absolutely LOVE my logitech G7, it does great things for me, its very comfortable, and it works great. But its a bit of a bulky package for travel. you have the batteries, the charger, the flash-drive size dongle, and the behemoth of the mouse itself.
    I need something i can travel with. I'm looking for something with, AT MINIMUM, 1000dpi, and with one of those micro size wireless dongles.

I was looking at the Razer Orochi, but its aggressive sleep timer (4 seconds to sleep, with a .5 sec wakeup time) turned me off.

I was also looking at the Roccat Pyra wireless mouse, and while i really like the design and features it has, I cant seem to find a retailer right now (In the US)

I actually bought a Logitech MX Anywhere, and while its a fairly solid mouse, the shape is a little too flat for my large hands, and they decided that the center click should be a separate button, rather than being the scroll wheel. This is extremely annoying as the button is difficult to reach.

So what do you folks recommend? I'm not looking to spend a massive amount of money, Maybe $50 or less, So im just looking for some insight. :thumb:

2. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Lol I live in Manchester this side of the pond... what's the weather like at yours?

Anyway, the G700 is also pretty massive so I don't think that would suit, perhaps there is an option of playing around with those sleep timer settings with the Orochi? Razer software has always been pretty in depth I find.

Other than that, have you tried ebay for the Roccat Pyra?

I can't really think of any other wireless mice tbh..

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

MX510?

4. simon_C

simon_C Minimodder

Weather sucks and is unpredictable. Summer is humid and gross, winter is brutal and/or wet.

G700 looks pretty close to what i want, but i hear that the performance of it is less than lackluster over wireless.

Checked ebay for the pyra, and there are a few there, so i may end up with one of those, but im really looking for some personal experience stories here, so we'll see.

As for the timer settings on the Orochi, there arent any, thats the major complaint. And besides, i run linux anyway on my laptop. Windows config software is kind of useless to me.

Thats a wired mouse.

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

My bad, I was thinking of the M510 which I have

6. simon_C

simon_C Minimodder

With the lack of availability, and price, of the Roccat Pyra, The logitech m705 is looking more and more attractive. I found a refurb unit for 22$ shipped and i'm sorely tempted to pick it up.