1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Looking for adventure!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr-IK, 5 Oct 2009.

1. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Mjellow Bit-techers!

I've recently completed "Indiana Jones and the faith of atlantis" again (!) for PC, and are now working on Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle. I've completed all those before, but it's a long time ago, and they're simply the best adventure/puzzle games i've ever come across.

So now i was thinking; I hardly ever use my Wii for anything but Smash Bros and Warioware: Smooth moves, and i would really like to try an adventure game for the Wii. So what im looking for is a adventure-like game (like the above mentioned) or like "Grim Fandango". I would rather that it's not a platformer, but more like one long consistant story (perhaps something like the Final Fantasy would work, but as i state, not 100% platformers).

And i know i could just browse Gamespot, which i did, but when it comes to console games i've had some disagreements with their reviews, and as you might notice, im not all that experienced with Wii games, and what workes or not.

So if you know any nice games that would apply to the above mentioned guidelines, i would be pleased to hear about it :)

Greets Mr IK

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Pick up the new Sam and Max adventures up off of WiiWare. Telltale is helmed by the original Sam and Max team and they've got two seasons of Sam and Max on there now, plus new Monkey Island on the way.

The Sam and Max games can be a bit hit and miss, but it's definitely worth picking up an episode or two to see what you think. They are just 3D point and click games.

Zack and Wiki is fairly interesting too, if you don't mind a slightly crazy and childish setting. There's the StrongBad games as well.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

this is what I was going to suggest, haven't played it myself but it is supposed to be pretty close to the point n clickers of old.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It's not quite point and click like that and relies a lot more on overt puzzles and hubs and buying hints and so on, but it's similar enough.

5. Motoko

Motoko What's a Dremel?

Zak and Wiki is a pretty decent game, yeh its not the hardest puzzle game but it's a nice change.

6. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

I recommend Secret Files: Tunguska. It plays exactly like a Monkey Island game, using the Wiimote as the pointer instead of the mouse. The story is ok, could be better lol. Graphically the PC version is better, but thats to be expected with the Wii.
    It's a pretty decent attempt at a point and click adventure on a modern system and could have been a lot worse imo.

7. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

Another vote for Sam + max, if you like monkey island and day of the tentacle, chances are you will like sam and max.

I think theres a free episode on steam still, so you could download it and see what you think, before buying it for the Wii.

Edit: yeah episode 4 of seasons 1 (abe lincoln must die) is free. It's almost worth it for the song alone.

Last edited: 7 Oct 2009