1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Lord of the Rings: Conquest

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 20 Jan 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Truly awful game. I think you've been too kind Joe. What's worse is that after having become so enraged I felt compelled not only to finish the 'good' story line but also the 'evil' one. Last night was an evening of frustration unlike any before it.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I think 5 seems about right. It's not exactly broken, it's just not any good. Either way, surprisingly thorough review, slow month per chance?

4. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

Come to think of it there hasnt really been an amazing LOTR game, LOTR twin towers that series of games were alright but nothing special.
    They should just remake this game and go the whole hog, entire armies on the battlefield, really make use of todays computing power

5. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

It was fun for the first 10 minutes, only to die at the last gasp and then do everything all over again. Most levels only lasted 15mins for me (Max 20mins) - the hardest level being Minas Morgul as there were so many bloody 'Mages'.

Not a good start for my list of games for 2009, but atleast I had joy slaying orcs with my fire sword for a moment or 2!

6. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

Waste of good IP...

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Why bother even testing licence games? Surely there has to be something that might actually interest either the reviewer or us the readers. You could have like a single licence game article every four months stating "All of them sucked, some even blowed at the same time and the best we saw was The Unexciting Adventures of Captain Monotonous with 6 points".

8. Nictron

Nictron Minimodder

Lord of the Rings Online and Lord of the Rings - Battle for Middle Earth were both good users of the Lord of the Rings license, this sounds like one I should ignore.

Thank you for the review.

9. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Aw, you're welcome!

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

long time LOTRO player here. i even love the movie and definitely the lore. so i wont even touch this game. me and a couple hundreds other players.

go LOTRO! MMORPG of the Year Cheesecake!

11. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I have to say, I don't particularly like LOTR but during some time off I did try out LOTRO and was very impressed. I liked it a lot more than wow. It had the best PVE and lore I've ever seen in a MMO, and the world was beautifully made (that dx10 update was cool).

I don't think it's a waste of time to review games based on licensed content. I almost downloaded the demo of this game, and bit-tech just saved me the bandwidth :D

12. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Wow.. I'm glad I read BT's review before getting this game, doesn't even seem worth a download, much less a purchase.

13. Henk

Henk Uninformed Opinionist

It seems like this game would have benefited from one more year in development... more balancing and upping the number of enemies significantly would have made it into a significantly better game :)

I guess I'll stay with Mount&Blade and Age of Chivalry for my dosage of medieval combat :)

14. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

What have you been doing with your uncle Joe?
    Going back to the game... oops.
    This looks like he has something shoved up his arse
    [​IMG]
    And what is with the glowing string?
    [​IMG]

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Poison arrow ability.

You don't want to know about my uncles.

Tags: Add Tags