1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft clarifies Windows 10 piracy stance

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 20 Mar 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. ArthurB

ArthurB What's a Dremel?

Will a non-genuine version of Windows 10 essentially be the same as a 90 or 180-day trial version of Windows 8.1? If so, why are Microsoft classing it as an upgrade?

3. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

There's an exploit for win 8 I just cant say how.

The upgrade will probably leave you without media centre though.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

So... just make sure it's currently activated and tests as genuine with a non blacklisted VLK or KMS? Such installations don't appear as pirate per se as far as Microsoft servers are concerned since they activate, update and work as expected.

5. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

The thing about in place upgrade is, all the viruses on pirated copies potentially remain. My biggest issue is the amount of POS machines running xp. I don't know how many times I've walked up to a self service sales machine to find a fully active xp interface to my disposal. If it were unsurpervised who knows what backdoor I could have added.

6. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Probably. However, Microsoft is using this approach to move the statistics forward.