1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft releases 90-day Windows 8 trial

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Aug 2012.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

At the very least, shouldn't there be an apostrophe - or is it that the downlload takes a long time to complete? ;)

Is there a massive difference between the enterprise & home editions?

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Not really, no. Just think of the Enterprise version as "more". All the stuff that's shared between versions behaves identically.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hmm. I appear to have been channelling Mary Poppins-era Dick van Dyke for a moment. Fixed, ta!

5. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

I'll try it on one of my older quad core systems with 8gigs of ram, but from what I hear it is a disaster.

6. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I can't download this version atm but I'm growing to like the preview, apart from a few niggles which I put down to being beta.

7. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Is the enterprise version coming with metro enabled by default. If so... lololol

8. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I'm gonna give this a try tonight, I have an old Crucial C300 128Gb SSD to try it on.

9. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

can you please remove that as that's totally wrong. It'll have exactly the same performance as any other Windows 8 build in regards to DirectX. The only thing that differs is it has additional group policy objects and supports direct access vpn / branch cache etc (similar to the Windows 7 Enterprise version) - The stuff found in Windows 8 Pro is *identical* to that found in Win 8 enterprise...

10. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

Yes, why wouldn't it? Microsoft have removed the deprecated start bar from Windows 8, why would the have a branch of the Windows 8 kernel that didn't use the new user interface? This isn't Linux, it's unified.

11. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

I have to agree the not as good for gaming part (the whole paragraph is completely incorrect and it should be removed)

12. Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

It'll be useful for use in a VM. Nice one MS. Thank you for doing something sensible!

13. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Agreed, it's a ridiculously inaccurate statement to see in an article supposedly written by a professional.