1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mnpctech starts Mod Men video series

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 3 Mar 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. Fantus

Fantus Nothing to see here...

Mod OF the Month...?

Been waiting to watch this since they announced, definitely sounds interesting.

3. maximus09

maximus09 Forever n00b

This is pretty cool. Reminds me of Junk Yard Wars for some reason, but better ;)

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Bah, just typed out a message and accidently nudged the mouse over the Crime & Investigation ad on the right hand side of the screen. the pop up ad then obliterated my message before I could post it :wallbash:

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Just watched this, good little episode and has me looking back at my dremmel....

6. TWeaK

TWeaK Minimodder

Awesome! Was looking forward to this. Makes me want to have a go at cutting out the cable holes in my motherboard tray that I've always wanted..

@Blademrk: get Opera :p One of the main reasons I stay with that is that it saves your forms when you click away from them. I can check something out after typing a long message or filling in address details and just use the rocker clicks to go back to the page and it'll all still be there.

7. Xir

Xir Modder

Double Sided Tape...What will they think of next?

I'm waiting for a review here, with tables of Shear-Factor, Stickyness and Ease-of-Peel :D

8. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Thank you for giving the first episode a chance by watching :)

Our goal was to make something that appealed to both veteran modders and people with a casual interest in modding. The response so far sounds like we're on track!

The next 4 episodes are even better. Everyone on the crew started settling into their job and I got more comfortable in my role. It's one thing to talk to a camera when you're alone, but when people are standing around and waiting for you, it takes awhile to get comfortable with it.

The Producer gave Cheapskate and I permission to share behind the scenes progress on the PC build here on bit, http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=202911

@Xir, the tape segment continues throughout the series...

9. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

So is this going to be aired on American TV or something or is it a youtube only thing?

10. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I love you for having CPU's PC Modder issues and MaximumPC's Extreme Systems guide in your intro. Some of my favorite reading material. :thumb:

11. mnpctech

@Djayness, YouTube.... maybe someday we could get it on TV...I'd be flattered if PBS expressed interest.

@docodine, absolutely....and would be great if those mags did special editions again

12. mnpctech

Here are all 4 of the 5 episodes so far... Ep#5 will up next Tuesday HERE

Episode #1

Episode #2

Episode #3

Episode #4

Tags: Add Tags