1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mod of the Year 2006

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 11 Dec 2006.

1. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

WMD!! I love all of them but I have to vote for WMD since Dark Blade is above the realm of modding (not everyone has a CNC) and I like WMD's looks too :)

2. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Brilliant way of putting it :)

3. Glider

Glider /dev/null

Maybe because AC Ryan is an American company?

4. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Voted :)

I just love wolverines biomech :)

5. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i have to say, all are brilliant mods, but my 2 best would be the Sangaku and WMD... briliantly executed, extremely clean and professional, and definitely out of the box. BF2142, DarkBlade, and the Temple of Nod are original as well... definitely give you that *WOW!* kick to it, but its more of a *accessory mod* instead of a computer enclosure mod... in other words, its abit *overboard*. id rather those *items* as collectibles in my living room, but its too far-fetched to use it as a computer case. IMO of course. where Sangaku and WMD seems out-of-this-world, but in the same time, people would say "that's an AWESOME computer case", instead of "that's an AWESOME.... thing...u got there!...umm..whats it for?".

the rest i havent mention are great works indeed, but its too...complicated to my taste :) not *clean* enough. with the exception of the Boss one, but that one doesnt have that much of a wow factor to it... please understand :) well it does, but not as much as the Sangaku/WMD.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

voted.... lets wait for the results.

7. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Well top 2 for me are Sangaku and Silent ContexYZ. But I think Sangaku is in a class of its own, not what I would consider a casemod, so much as a masterpiece of artwork. Therefore, I voted for Silent ContexYZ. I think the color scheming was very well done and much of the modding was functional and purposeful, meaning no faux wires or unnecessary stick on parts. It was one of the few I wouldn't mind having on my desk, as its not too gaudy or impractical. While original cases are great, I'm oldschool and still like modded cases. Overall, I think practicality and usability is very important, while this case still looks amazing and is much improved over the start case.

8. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

Now this is a contest with some stiff competition. I'm really not sure who i'm voting for but I think WMD might be in order just for the amount of work that went into it and the lack of using CNC machines (they bug me) but we shall see. Good job bit-tech for housing the best mods on the world all in one place (I mean as a whole and not just the ones in this contest).

9. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

All good stuff, but I voted for WMD becuase it's just flawless perfection.

10. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

Holy smokes! To be in the running with this esteemed list of mods... that is an honor all by itself! I am still dwelling on where to place my vote... it's tough... that is for sure!

I mean... this list is just phenominal! Wow....

Good luck to everyone!

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

It would definitely be nice to know how many hours of construction time each mod has taken. (I'm sorry if it's said somewhere :rolleyes:)

I think there's some participiants that can't be compared to the others in some way, but I don't want to be offensive or anything so that's it... Good luck to everybody!

12. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Voted for Dark Blade, but I wish I could have voted for WMD too.

13. scrumble

scrumble What's a Dremel?

BOSS: FX57 almost gets my vote. I like the way its still visibly a PC case, but shouts muscle car, and as the blurb says "it evokes the original spirit of case modding".

But..... WMD edges it for shear sexiness

14. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

my vote is in. It was a very very hard choice to make.

15. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

To all of you contestants who made it - Great job and congrats! What a list. With that said, I've voted...but what a hard choice.

16. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Sangaku f't'w imho tbh.

17. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Voted for the BOSS: FX57 myself. I like that it's still a PC, as mentioned before. Even though I enjoy viewing the more extreme mods like the WMD, modding (for me anyway) is about modifying a PC case, whereas building an entire new case would be more than 'just' modding. FX57 gets it for sheer slickness. :lol:

18. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

I voted for Silent ContexYZ, I love that yellow theme and I think Mr Koll deserved it. WMD is great too but I only have the one vote.

19. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I'm going to have to think this one over! There are a couple really great ones out there. I like most of the mods, but the ones I absolutely love are BOSS FX57, Cold Fusion, Dark Blade, Sangaku & WMD. How to choose!!

Decisions, decisions!!

20. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

For me theres just one case and thats the Dark Blade!!

Oh btw Four Swedish modders amongst the twelve thats not to shabby for a country the size of a footballfield :D:D

Tags: Add Tags