1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mod of the Year - the Winners!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Jan 2010.

1. Locknload

Locknload Jolly Good Egg

Cygnus X1 by Attila Lukacs (oldnewby) was undoubtedly the superior build and imho the best build i have seen as it was all hand built.
    Well done Atilla and thank you for the visually superb updates and progress logs which were a joy to all who followed its build last year.
    Look forward to your next masterpiece, good luck and thank you for showing us all how its done.

Nice one.

2. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis What's a Dremel?

Awesome selection of the top 3!!!

3. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

Wood/aluminum mods seem to be popular with wins 3 years running. This year should be interesting as well :)

4. Infection

Infection Gaming Fanatic

Great prize, I personally would have placed Flow at #1, that was an amazing build.

5. evoyear

evoyear What's a Dremel?

congratulations for everyone attempted

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Congratulations guys!
    Next year is going to be a blast too! Oldnewbie has some new computer parts he needs a case for.:D It's a vicious cycle - We won't LET him quit.:hehe:

7. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Congrats to all winners, every single entry was a brilliant mod and I would have been chuffed to have owned any of them. The top three (no offense intended to the others) where jaw droppingly stunning and they were my top three personally. I hope that all the guys that have nominated up their game plan for this year and make 2010 an exciting year for all us mere mortals that can only dream of having the vision and expertise to make a MOTY.

Well done guys!

8. Farfalho

Farfalho Minimodder

Congrats everyone and hope to see even better mods from you.

And to BT too for supporting this community

9. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

congrats guys! This must be my year to enter :D

10. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Congrats to those who won

great prizes too

11. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

Grats oldnewby, truly well deserved and to everyone else too, the stakes have increased again. Just goes to show that you dont need a laser cutter to create an incredible case.

12. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

Congrats to everyone, some truly awesome mods.

Now to see what 2010 brings.....

13. SNiiPE_DoGG

SNiiPE_DoGG Engineering The Extreme

Darn I was looking at front page all day waiting for this to come up but I haven't seen it until now :lol:

I just want to say that every mod that made this nomination is most definitely a mod of the year in that they all represent the most outstanding mods of 2009! (not saying that to take away from cygnus' victory in any way)

I would like to extend my thanks to those who voted for my build and to bit-tech for giving us a wonderful place to share our art as modders.

and oh dear the prizes.... what am I going to do with myself this time :dremel:

14. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Wow! It's all over, I'm a little shell shocked. :hehe:
    First of all congratulations/commiserations to the other contestants. :clap::clap::clap:
    Every case was a worthy MOTY contestant, some of you were much more certain of the
    outcome than I was, in fact I thought "flow" may come through and win (being a fabulous
    looking case, except for the wheels:lol:).
    Thank you to all that voted for CX1 and thank you all that followed the somewhat long and
    sometimes confusing/frustrating building of it. :clap::clap::clap:

A really big thank you to the sponsors.

[​IMG]

I can't believe the quality and quantity of the prizes. :jawdrop: just terrific.

And a big thank you to bit-tech and all the staff. :clap::clap::clap:
    A really astounding effort in running this great competition every year, a comp that I
    consider the best around. This is where I visit to see some of the best modding in the
    world, and I'm proud to put my projects here.

Once again, a big thank you and see you all soon with Na'ir al Saif.

dark_avenger likes this.
  15. Mitsimonsta

Mitsimonsta What's a Dremel?

I am really happy to see the comp taken out CX1. Just a phenomenal scratch build - luckily I live in Australia and next time I am down oldnewby's way, I will take a 6-pack of beer and have a look at this work of art.

The standard of competition was massive this year, Flow was just one of those brilliant concepts that ended up better than the plans - the minimalistic interior of the case is mindblowing. Neptune's Trident is one of the cleanest water builds I have seen in quite a while, the planning of the tube routing alone makes this case before you get to the extra work done to complete the theme or the quality of the workmanship.

But you had two modded cases competing with possibly the best scratch build that Bit-Tech has ever seen and I believe the worthy winner was chosen. Congratulations to all. Can't wait to see what you crazy guys can dream up and build this year.

16. alpha0ne23

alpha0ne23 What's a Dremel?

Some jaw dropping builds entered this year and deciding the winners must have been very difficult, thanks bit-tech/master modders for the many pleasurable hours drooling over each and every build

Have fun 'oldnewby' with the win, fantastic prizes all well deserved IMHO

17. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Congratulations Oldnewby! Was there ever any doubt? lol I don't think I've ever seen so much excitement and adulation over a case here before (coming from myself as well). I have to admit, I was a little disappointed upon seeing you complete Cygnus in time to be considered for Mod of the Year, because I knew right then my chances of winning were shot to hell lol. Still, it was an honor being nominated along with you, and I am pleased with taking home a third place finish (congrats to Sniipe Dogg as well!). Thanks to Bit-Tech and all who voted! It has been said before, you have raised the bar, so this year promises to be even better. Can't wait to see your next creation! :)

18. Frenkie

Frenkie Lets mod the world!

Great work everybody, gratz to all winners even if your not numero uno this time. You all showed the world what amazing creations we can come up with instead of that old beige box. I hope ( no im sure of it ) that 2010 will sprung a lot of brandnew designs that people will be stunned about. Keep it up !

Tags: Add Tags