1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding guide book

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ek-hat, 20 Dec 2005.

1. ek-hat

ek-hat What's a Dremel?

I would like to get started in PC Case modding, could you all give me your own recommendation?
    I know all my stuff with system building and I can do pretty much anything I want with software modding, so I'm looking for a book that mainly focuses on case modding.

2. doryakov

doryakov What's a Dremel?

3. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

No books yet, no one has attempted writing one, but the scene is still in its infancy whats hot today will be a pre-mod by tommorrow

4. jediknight0

jediknight0 What's a Dremel?

Actually, there are a half-dozen or so books out about modding.

IMHO, the best one is the one I wrote... Going Mod: 9 Cool Case Mod Projects. :D

You can download color versions of the pics inside, along with table of contents and some general links here.

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Yeah there are loads of books on modding, most of them are dire though. Your best bet is too look around the web forums (the mod guide forum here is a good place to start).

6. ek-hat

ek-hat What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your help guys, but I was looking for a guide on material that I can hold in my hands wherever I am. And books are always the best way for me to start learning something whatever I want to learn.

7. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Don't you have a printer?

8. ek-hat

ek-hat What's a Dremel?

I just like reading from books.

9. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I was at chapters and they have a "PC modding for dummies" book out, i looked at it and it was crappy, but if you really want you could take it out from a library or something. i agree with jediknight0, his book is a great one. i use my copy constantly for modding ideas and how-to's.

edit* russ, thanks for the link to the color pictures from your book, i was having a hard time understanding what some of the pics in the book were of because they were in b&w. now ive got color ones!

Last edited: 21 Dec 2005
  10. jediknight0

jediknight0 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the compliments, and your welcome for the color pics. I wanted the whole book to have color pics (and a lot more of them), but the publisher disagreed...