1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks modems stopping computer powerin up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Simply Divine, 8 Sep 2003.

1. Simply Divine

Simply Divine What's a Dremel?

ok heres the problem. Today I bought a Mentor ADSL pci modem got it home and put it in my comp pressed the power switch.
    Nothin. Wouldn't power up. I took the card out and pressed the power button. PC's workin again. shut it down put the modem in a different slot and try switchin on again.
    Nuthin. OK my modems b0rked methinks. nope i tryed it in my old system and it works fine. hmmm. maybe its drawin too much power ( i have almost no cards in me old pc) so back in me decent PC i take out NIC and put in me Modem. doesn't power up.

thats it i cannot think of any more reasons why my pc shouldn't power up, but every time I take it out the Modem it works fine. i cant find a manufacturers website or anything useful in google to do with this problem.

some comp specs

Mobo - gigabit 7dxr
    CPU - 1GhZ
    Ram - 512Mb
    GPU - 3d blaster geforce 4 4200ti
    other bits, audigy 2, 20gb+8gb HDD, NIC, PCI 56K modem(at the mo neway), DVD-CDwR combo drive. OS - XP pro

i appreciate ne help
    cheers in advance guys

2. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

Maybe it's not compatable with your board?, I had a gfx card like that which I wanted for a htpc in the end I had to buy a cheap mobo to use it in. The card would work in 4 mobos out the 5 I tested but the one I orignally was going to use. :(

Tags: